Chapter 29: Watching the Game

Start from the beginning

There were no cars or people on the road, and the two sides engaged in a chase, with the Bentley following the motorcycle closely.

Huo Junxian was usually calm and never so impatient, but inexplicably, she felt like she was in a race.

Gu Siyu was particularly ruthless on the racetrack, often forcing her opponents to a dead end. People who competed with her often had the idea of suppressing her.

The driver asked, "Miss, are you okay?"

Huo Junxian nodded.

Suddenly, the motorcycle in front slowed down. The driver turned the wheel to follow alongside Gu Siyu. Huo Junxian had seen Gu Siyu use this move on the track before - when she drove alongside another car, she would often force it to change lanes, which was quite dangerous.

Huo Junxian said, "Don't follow."

"Huh?" The driver was surprised, "Miss, it's a bit dangerous."

Huo Junxian pursed her lips and the driver didn't dare to move. At this moment, the car next to them suddenly stopped, and the motorcycle behind it came to a sudden halt. Gu Siyu's body was propelled forward by inertia, and she let out a breath, looking at the car in front of them.

Gu Siyu drove the motorcycle forward and stopped next to the Bentley. She put one foot on the ground and looked at Huo Junxian while holding onto the handlebars. The intense sunlight shone on her, casting long shadows of her and the motorcycle. At this moment, she looked like the darling under the spotlight, and the intense race seemed to have pressed the pause button.

She said a few words, but they were not clear because she was wearing a helmet.

Huo Junxian rolled down the car window and asked, "What did you say?"

Gu Siyu pushed up her goggles and spoke slowly without hurry. Her lips moved, and she let out a breath, saying, "Come up."

She invited Huo Junxian to ride the motorcycle.

Huo Junxian put her hand on the car window and seemed to be thinking whether to get on. Her gaze fell on the backseat, and she looked contemplative.

Sometimes she felt like she was a part of this world, living a disciplined and punctual life, but at the same time, she was separated from it, quietly doing her own thing and not interacting with the outside world.

Gu Siyu grew impatient. "I told you to come up."

Teddy barked excitedly.

"Teddy can come up too. I'll drive slowly."

"Three, two..."

Before the countdown could reach one, Huo Junxian pushed open the car door and stood next to the motorcycle, holding the dog and looking at the backseat. She hesitated and didn't know how to get on.

"Step over and sit down, put Teddy in the middle, untie the leash and hold on tight," Gu Siyu instructed as she handed over the helmet. "Put this on."

"Okay." Huo Junxian got on the motorcycle, holding onto Gu Siyu's waist tightly. Gu Siyu winced, and she took off her jacket. Huo Junxian looked down and saw that she was wearing a black sports vest with pink skin showing at the waist. She loosened her grip a bit.

Gu Siyu started the motorcycle, and the scenery on both sides of the road slowly retreated as they rode out to the outskirts. The green fields on both sides of the road were adorned with shades of summer green that were pleasing to the eye. The strong light coated the edges with oil, making the colors look vivid and radiant.

As they picked up speed, the wind blew towards them. Gu Siyu's hair was tied up high, and her headband was tightened so much that it would sway towards her shoulders when the wind blew. Teddy didn't move at all and seemed to be asleep.