Chapter 62: Not Worth It

Start from the beginning

"Scars? Interesting." Y/N mused.

She didn't remember anything that could cause him scars during the time he was with them. Maybe something happened when he ran away?

"Good point. We will keep it in mind." Y/N turned to Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon. What do you think about this whole situation?" Y/N asked.

Sunghoon waited for a moment to think about it.

He hadn't known Youngsoo at all. He was hired after the fire at Song mansion, and he only saw Youngsoo in pictures and stories. Y/N used to tell him about Youngsoo when she was in a good mood. And all the stories he heard made him picture Youngsoo as an angel, someone who was just the opposite of Y/N and yet both were incomplete without each other.

Y/N was hostile, while Youngsoo was cheerful. Where Y/N's room was like a vampire's den, Youngsoo's room used to look like a rainbow rained there. Much more like Wednesday and Enid's rooms.

Their personalities? Just opposite.

While Y/N used to kill and run, Youngsoo like to kill and run together. In all the stories he had heard about them, not a single word was mentioned that they did anything without each other. Everything was done together.

So how can that angelic Youngsoo become a traitor? It was hard to believe. What was something much more powerful than his love for his family that made him so corrupt?

Sunghoon didn't know the answer.

"I can't say anything. I haven't known Youngsoo at all. But whenever you talked about him he felt like family, so why would he betray you? What caused him to do so? And by the proofs at hand, it is clear he did so willingly. It doesn't make sense." Sunghoon responded.

Y/N mulled over his words. Youngsoo betrayed willingly.

"Maria?" Y/N asked softly to the girl who hadn't spoken a word till now.

Usually, Maria was the most interested in everything, even though she didn't know much about the mafia, she still tried to help in every way possible. But today she hadn't even looked up from the table.

Y/N sighed.

"The meeting is over. Everyone go to their rooms, I will allot you your tasks soon." Y/N dismissed everyone.

As they all scattered, Maria stayed seated at the table.

Y/N slowly walked to her side and sat on the chair beside her. No one spoke for a minute.

Y/N held her hand tenderly in her own hands.

"I trusted him." Maria began.

"We all did," Y/N whispered.

Maria shook her head.

"I trusted him to come back. The day he left. He was with me. The whole night. He kept saying I love you every moment he got. I was confused. But I believed him. And he left in the morning. I thought he went to you so I didn't say anything. But he had left." Maria sobbed into Y/N's arms.

Y/N hugged her frame as she tried to soak in the information.

Youngsoo left in the morning.

But how could that be possible when the security cameras saw him leave in the afternoon?

Where could he be for the whole time period?

As Maria cried, Y/N felt anger growing in her chest. Youngsoo didn't just betray everyone, he betrayed and broke every one.

Especialy Maria.

And she could never forgive that.

Ever.

"I promise Maria. I will hunt that shithead and bring him to you. Then all you have to do is fry him like french fries and feed him to the dogs." Y/N said.

Maria laughed between her tears.

"I won't waste any precious oil for him. Let us feed him to the dogs directly." Maria suggested.

"Good idea. Oil is more important than that douchebag. He fucking dumped you!" Y/N said dramatically clutching at her heart.

Maria laughed, just like Y/N wanted her to.

Even if it was temporary, it still filled her with relief. Maria sitting in the corner was not an option.

She had only allowed it once when Youngsoo had left.

But now?

He wasn't worth Maria's sorrow.

A traitor.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.