48 - The Chess Room

Start from the beginning

"Sometimes you forget that I was a bodyguard attending those meetings. Just listen carefully and talk minimum. Also don't fall into any of the white king's traps, even though he says he wants you there. He may try to tease you. Promise me."

["Okay, I promise."]

"For every time you break a promise, your karma gets worse, you know that right?!"

["Stop saying this, Pete. I will not let you down."]

"Okay. Take care. I have to hang up and get back to work."

["You too, Pete. I love you, babe."]

"Love you too. Behave!!"

["Okay, mom!"]

"Bye"

"KNOCK, KNOCK"

"Who is it?!"

["It's me, Ton. Mr. Tang Yi is calling us for a staff meeting at his office."]

"Oh...okay...Narong is in the bathroom. We'll be there in a second."

["Ok, See you there."]

"Hey, Arm! Are you finished?"

Arm comes out of the bathroom awkwardly.

"What happened?"

"Staff meeting at Tang Yi's office. This is a good opportunity for us to map the place."

"Good!"

"Why do you always take so long in the bathroom lately. Do you have a stomachache or something?"

"Uhhh...Macau wants to talk to me all the time...and...you know..."

"Ri...ght."

"...Oh! What were you talking about Khun Vegas?"

"He considers you part of the Minor Family."

"Really?!?!?!"

"Yeap. He said it himself."

"WOW! That's sudden. Should I call him?!"

"For what?!

"Thank him?!"

"Better not."

"Okay."

"But you can't accept any other job offer!"

"I won't! I won't!"

"Okay..."

"I would just quit my job to work with you, Pete."

"Good!"

...

Arm's POV

(One hour before Chess Room Meeting)

"Hey, Pete! PETE!"

"Uh?! Arm?! Where are we?! TON?!"

Pete, still a little dazed, looks at the room, all barred, although well decorated.

We have our hands and ankles tied in a way that it is impossible to loosen.

"He is still unconscious. They removed our gags. This is so suspicious. Why Mr. Tang Yi didn't torture us?! We were sedated and brought to this place. Before I blackout he said he would sell us as sexual slaves in the Chess Room, Pete!"

Suddenly Pete starts laughing.

"Hahahahaha"

"What's wrong with you? Why are you laughing? Did the sedative do something to your brain?"