The Completely Expected Crush

HEY GUYS! So I know it has been a while since I have updated. Sorry about that. School and responsibilities and all that junk. This chapter is from Troye's perspective which was kind of hard. I would love some feedback about whether or not you guys want more chapters from Troye's perspective. So here you guys go, leave a comment, like my story, and have fun. :P

Troye was sitting on his desk trying to think of reasons to go and talk to Tyler. He had already used his 'I need tape' excuse. The truth was he had taken a liking to Tyler since he first met him. He could never really forget the way he felt when Tyler just ran up and hugged him. He had never had someone openly embrace him like that unless they were really close friends. It made him feel all warm and fuzzy. But not in a gay way. Like in a total no homo heterosexual way. Who was he kidding? He was a flaming homosexual and so was Tyler.

Troye didn't talk to Tyler after that. It was mostly just awkward conversations when they ran into each other in the hallway. Troye saw Tyler a lot in the teachers' lounge though. He always heard Dan and him having extremely loud sass offs and sometimes even heard them discussing more adult conversations. Those two had very perverted minds. One time he even heard them talking about whisks, you know 'like that'. A part of him wanted some context for that one, but the other part of him told him to just leave it alone. Sometimes it's better not to know.

He wished he could be a part of those conversations. Maybe not the whisk one, but the others. When Dan started dating Phil, he thought he had a chance to slip into their group, but he never got up the courage to go over and chat with them.

He didn't have a crush on him, but he had always enjoyed when they talked. He was just such a dork. It was adorable really, how awkward the other boy was. Also his purple hair was really cute. Like really cute. Not that Troye thought Tyler was cute or anything because he didn't. He just thought Tyler was aesthetically pleasing. Yeah, that's it.

Troye had had so much fun when they went to Taco Bell together. In the car when Tyler was singing, Troye could have gotten abs, he laughed so hard. Tyler was so random, jumping back into Troye's car and demanding they go to a random restaurant to 'party'. Tyler was interesting. He was the kind of person that Troye wanted in his life. He kind of wanted to hang out with Tyler more, but he didn't want to seem pushy or anything. He didn't want to force Tyler into being his friend. That would be lame.

He didn't have a class going on at the moment, so he was in his room alone. Troye looked longingly at the door. He could be talking to Tyler right now. Listening to his stupid witch cackle and watching him stumble around like a drunk baby deer. He loved it when he made Tyler laugh. It was his favorite part of the day. That and getting to play instruments when he didn't have class.

Troye picked up his notebook. He had been meaning to write some more songs. But wait. He didn't have a pencil. Oh no. There were pencils in the art room. Of course there were pencils on the table in front of him, but that would be a lot less entertaining then going to the art room, so he elected to ignore the fact that there were literally pencils right next to him. Troye threw his notebook on the table and started walking to Tyler's room.

He heard Tyler's voice before he even opened the door. Tyler wasn't exactly the quietest human being in the world.

"That is not true! I absolutely do not look at him like Mr. Howell looks at Mr. Lester. No! You guys need to work. This is art class not Tumblr. Work on your projects. Do not look at me like that Sam. Stop it."

Troye pushed the door open with a smirk on his face. He knew Tyler got flustered when he smirked. Not that he liked it when Tyler was flustered. He didn't like it at all.

Tyler looked over at him and his mouth fell open in surprise.

"Oh-uh Troye...hey." Tyler stuttered. He put his hand out to sit it on his desk, but he missed and fell over. Once he managed to stabilize himself, he asked "So what brings you down here?"

"I ran out pencils." Troye said trying not to giggle at Tyler's behavior.

"Right yeah." Tyler said, "I'm just gonna hand this to you and not throw it because you know." He held the pencil out with a smile. Troye couldn't help but sigh internally. Tyler's smile was so adorable. He looked extremely endearing.

Troye grabbed the pencil and walked out of the room. He wanted to stay longer, but all of Tyler's students were staring at him. It was kind of eerie actually. It was as if Troye walking into the room was as riveting as their favorite TV shows.

When he got back to his room, he started to write lyrics. He figured he should get something effective done today. No matter how hard he tried, he could only think about Tyler.

He was pretty sure Tyler was single. He had heard Dan and Phil talking about it in the teachers' lounge. In between their plentiful conversations about anime and video games. It seemed like they were both pretty concerned for Tyler. Apparently, he hadn't been on a date in a year.

He was also pretty sure that Tyler had a crush on someone. A part of Troye wanted it to be him that Tyler liked. It probably wasn't though. He was younger and stuff. Also, Tyler could get any guy that he wanted. He was smooth, extremely attractive, and hilarious.

Troye didn't mind that Tyler didn't like him because he did not like Tyler. Not at all. He didn't love his amazing eyes, dorky laugh, short stature, or sassy personality. Dammit. Troye was a goner. Alert the media, Troye had a crush on the famous Tyler Oakley.

A lyric popped into his head.

Well I can't make you love me, but I'll try

Until my dying breath, you know I'll try

Oh great. He was already writing sappy lyrics about him. That's just perfect. He was wallowing in his inevitable doom when he heard a knock on the door. He looked over in alarm. He wasn't social. What was happening?

"Hey Troye. Um. I'm kind of inviting a group of teachers over to my house for like a party type thing on Saturday, and I was wondering if you wanted to come. You know if you want to. You don't have to or anything... I just. You know what never mind. Forget I even asked." Tyler was walking away when Troye snapped out of his stupor.

"I do. I mean that would be enjoyable. I would very much like to go and hang out with you. And all the other teachers and stuff. So yeah. Yes." Troye blurted out. Tyler looked a bit dazed and a lot confused. This was the first time he had seen Troye stumbled with words.

"See you there then." Tyler said with a cheeky wink. Troye would have laughed at his poorly executed wink if he wasn't extremely distracted by Tyler's suggestive tone. He was so used to Tyler being flustered around him. This was not a good turn of events. It seemed like Tyler was finally gaining some confidence, and a confident Tyler Oakley would mean the end for smooth Troye.

Honestly, Troye was pretty awkward himself and didn't have much romantic experience, and Troye knew that Tyler was very experienced with boys and dating and that kind of thing. He was nervous even though he tried not to show it around Tyler, but with the way Tyler just acted, Troye doubted he could keep it up. But maybe that was okay. Maybe it would be good for the two of them to be real around each other.