The Accidental Road Trip

Hiya guys! Um... as usual if you have any ideas or feedback please leave me a comment and have fun. In the future I might add some POVs from Troye, so if that's something you might want then leave a comment about that too. :)

Tyler was getting increasingly frustrated with his car. It simply wasn't working. He wanted to put on his food sweater and go by Taco Bell, but apparent his car hated him. Well, he hated his car too. He didn't really have enough money to buy a new car though. All of his money filtered into basic needs, his apartment, furniture for his apartment, art supplies, and hair dye. All of those things were more important than his car. Until now, the choice to not get a new car was working perfectly.

Tyler banged his face against the steering wheel. He longed for the days when he was a teenager and his parents helped him fix his car. Being an adult was hard. Tyler pushed his car door open dramatically and groaned as loud as possible. He was going for an exasperated sound, but it came out sounding more like a dying whale.

He heard laughing and whipped his head around. Of course. It was Troye fucking Sivan. He was witnessing him being completely stupid again. Tyler blushed for like the millionth time that day. He would have blamed it on embarrassment had anyone asked, but in reality Tyler was picturing Troyler. He cursed his students for even putting that idea in his head.

He was sure that Troye probably had an amazingly smooth attractive boyfriend that complemented him perfectly. Someone who was 100 times better than Tyler. Even if Troye didn't have a boyfriend, he wouldn't go out with Tyler. Tyler had so many flaws. He was always getting too enthusiastic over things and making himself look like an idiot. Tyler was the kind of person you wanted to be friends with. Everyone always laughed when they were around him, though Tyler always wondered whether they were laughing with him or at him. Troye on the other hand was completely perfect in every way. Everyone had a crush on him. Not even joking they had held a meeting after Troye had been hired about how ridiculously attractive he was. Troye was way out of Tyler's league.

"Do you need some help there?" Troye asked raising a perfect eyebrow. Tyler weighed his options. He could ask Troye for help and suffer more awkward moments or he could try and hitch hike. Since he didn't fancy being murdered, he figured Troye would be the best option.

"Yeah, my car isn't working." Tyler mumbled ashamed of himself. He bet Troye had a car that worked. He stared at his car willing it to start. It didn't. He shouldn't have been surprised. He had tried to use telepathic powers more than once and it seemed to be a no go.

"I could give you a ride." Troye offered and Tyler felt his heart stop. He was going to be in an enclosed space with like the hottest person on the planet. He needed to keep his hormones in check. He wasn't a teenage boy, but for some reason being a high school made him feel like he was that age again. He had a ridiculous school boy crush on Troye Sivan, and he needed to get over it. He had been in enough bad relationships to last him a lifetime. He didn't want to add Troye to the list of names that his family and friends weren't allowed to mention.

"That would be great thanks." Tyler stared at Troye walking away before he realized he was supposed to be following him. He did an awkward half run over to him. They were walking in silence but Tyler kept glancing over at Troye. Was he supposed to make small talk as they walked over to his car? Was he supposed to thank him again? Social interaction is confusing. Troye stopped at one of the cars and pulled out his keys. Tyler tripped on the curb, but other than that got into the car okay.

"Sorry it's a bit messy." Troye apologized giving Tyler a smile. A real smile. One with teeth and everything. Tyler didn't think it was possible, but Troye just got more attractive. Tyler could have stared at Troye smiling like that for hours. He wanted to sketch him so badly. After gawking at Troye for a few seconds, Tyler looked at the car trying to access the messiness. In the back of the car was a neat stack of sheet music, and a portable keyboard. That was it. Other than that the car was entirely spotless. Tyler though about his own car. It was completely filled with random boxes of things he intended to do things with but never got around to. If Troye thought his car was messy, he would think Tyler's was horrifying. Add that to the list of reasons Troye would never go out with Tyler.

"Can we put on music?" Tyler asked. He was uncomfortable with this situation and music seemed to always calm him down. Tyler had always been fascinated with music. The way it could invoke such strong emotions with one key, one word. It was magic. It reminded him of how much emotion went into one of his brush strokes. He had always wished he could sing or play a musical instrument, but he was useless at reading music and he had a pretty terrible voice. Tyler also couldn't lie and say he wasn't curious about Troye's music taste.

"Yeah sure I have a CD in there. I think it might be One Direction, but you can change it if you want." Troye said while pulling out of the parking lot. Tyler could have sworn in that moment that he fell in love. Troye liked One Direction. Could the boy get any more perfect? Tyler didn't think so. Tyler pressed play and the sweet sound of Harry Styles singing filled the car.

"So who is your favorite band member?" Tyler asked.

"Harry obviously. What about you?" Troye said with an amused expression.

"Niall obviously." Tyler said, "We share an intense love of food." Troye laughed. Tyler fiddled with his shirt feeling awkward before hearing the starting notes of one of the most perfect One Direction songs.

"Does he know you can move it like that?!" Tyler scream sang the chorus. With that, Troye started laughing so hard that he started wheezing. Tyler didn't stop though; he continued to sing extremely obnoxiously. He knew he was being immature and making a fool of himself once again, but he didn't care. He didn't care that Troye was probably hardcore judging him, or that Troye was probably going to make fun of his voice and him to all the teachers later. He just wanted to live in the moment, and right now the moment required that he sing as loud as humanly possible.

"What's your address?" Troye asked, and Tyler told him. "No way. You are like literally down the street from my apartment."

Tyler tried to remain cool and nonchalant, but he was freaking out. How was this happening to him? Why did he have to have so much interaction with Troye the moment he realized he might like him. It's not fair. He wanted to get over liking him, not fall for the boy more. "Alright here is our stop." Troye said pulling into Tyler's apartment parking lot.

Tyler was getting out of the car when he saw someone going into the apartment complex. Someone he had never wanted to see again. Tyler flung himself back into the car and slammed the door. He looked over at Troye who was now staring at him with a puzzled expression.

"Hey you know what. Um. Let's go to Taco Bell. Have a party." Tyler stuttered trying to sound excited. He knew he was once again humiliating himself in front of Troye, but that was better than possibly running into that person.

"Okay, sure Tyler." Troye laughed and pulled out of the parking lot. Minutes later, they arrived at Taco Bell. They walked in, got their orders, and by some miracle Tyler convinced Troye that they should eat at the restaurant.

"So... how's teaching here?" Tyler asked trying to make some sort of conversation between the two of them.

"Well you know it was going good up until the point when the crazy art teacher managed to convince me to randomly go to Taco Bell." Troye said with smirk. Tyler let out a small fake laugh. He knew that Troye thought he was crazy. Who wouldn't? "I'm joking Tyler, this is fun."

Tyler smiled at Troye. Maybe Troye didn't hate Tyler as much as Tyler thought he did.