Chapter 9

Lexie

"Fine but only if Daryl goes with you." Rick says agreeing I can finally go on a run.

"Well I want to go too." Carl says barging in the cell.

"Then Michonne has to go too." Rick says thinking that Daryl can't handle us both.

A few minutes later Daryl and Michonne agree to take us out on a run.
We all agree to see if the target just outside of town is good.

Ricks calls over to me. I didn't do anything I swear.

I walk over to Rick.
"Yeah?" I say.
"We'll be safe and make sure Carl gets here safe, don't leave each others sides okay?"
"Yes sir."

Having manners on Rick makes him agree to you easier.

Daryl walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Ready?"

I glance at Trace, whose holding Judith carefully with Coral next to him.

"Yeah I'm ready." I say looking at Daryl.

Before we enter the car Daryl gives Carl and I each a shotgun. But since I'm his daughter he hands me a 10 inch knife.

"Can I trade the shotgun for a crossbow?" I ask Daryl.

Him and Michonne exchange looks and agree. They had me a beautiful crossbow with five arrows.

"One rule: if there's only two or three walkers, use your knife if there's more then you can shoot." Daryl says with a straight face.

I nod then hop in the back with Carl.
We look at each other then out of the window. Things haven't been the same since he tried to kiss me two days ago.

*******
The ride was about 40 minutes. I didn't really see any walkers along the road. It was still early, probably 1 in the afternoon.

Michonne parks the car next to target since there's no more towing companies. The Target was in the middle of a big parking lot with only a Starbucks next to it.

Dang I wished I was drinking a strawberries ń cream right now.

We walk over to the entrance and see that it's boarded up. I notice the blood stains in on the outside walls and the floor.

In starting to get an uneasy feeling about this.

Michonne and Daryl get a hammer and starts taking out the nails. I don't know why they brought a hammer but thank God they did.

Carl and I just stand around them making sure there aren't wondering walkers.

"You ready?" I hear Michonne say once they took the last border off. We see That they're aren't any automatic doors like the usual target so we step in.

Daryl gets in the car and drives it inside.

There's aisles everywhere and some on the floor.

Michonne and I are in charge of food, utensils, toiletries, and drinks. While Carl and Daryl are in charge of entertainment, pillows, blankets and flashlights.

The car basically blocks the entrance so we don't have to worry about the walkers coming in, just the ones that are in.

I grab a cart and push down to the food aisle.

"Okay stay in the same aisle as me because we never know what's in the next and grab as much food as you can. And always check the expiration date." Michonne says when we look at the food section.