Stella couldn't utter a single response to him. She knew what she could say would cause more harm than good.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance". Cornell stated, his smelly breathe tickling her nose. She knew this kind of behavior.  She knew it too well.

He was hooked on drugs. Yep, a drug addict in the making. He was way past that anyways.

"Then do it! Do it! I dare you too!". She yelled in his face with a tear strained face. Cornell chuckled and let go of her hair.  He stood up straight and towered over her aimlessly waving the gun in his hand.

"That would be too easy. I want you to die a slow and painful death". He told her. Stella simply cried as she listened to him talk. She couldn't believe this was what had become of her. Her life.

It was the coke he was sniffing that made him talk to her that way. However it was her fault. She knew the type of person he was when they first got together and she thought she would be the one to change him.

"Is this what has became of us, huh? Of me and you? You don't love me anymore? ". Stella asked him, looking up at him with a teary stained face.

"I never did, that's something you should've known". He announced making her cry harder. With that he walked, letting her wallow in her thoughts.

✿︎

The gates loudly buzzed in the room as Donovan patiently waited for his uncle, Lucian De Luca. The fallen angel of the family. He briefly glanced around and watched the few other prisoners in room talk to their loved one. This wasn't no ordinary prison.

He never thought he would be visiting his uncle in prison. After all their name held weight in the streets, however Lucian had fucked up one way or another to actually land in jail. He was convicted of murder. Murdering his girlfriend.

Buzz

He glanced up when he heard the buzz go off and there he was. Standing by six feet one, a shade of caramel was his skin tone, embedded with all types of tattoos on his arms and neck and his bare stomach.

His hair was shaven to a buzz cut and his beard was growing,  healthily too. He had on silk pajamas pants and walking around  freely with no cuff on him as if he was king. Which was the case, everything that happened in the prison had to go through him. It was his territory. Something he had control over.

"Nipote!". He happily stated with his arms wide open making heads turn to look at him. He was always happy to hear from Donovan.

Donovan stood on his feet and happily embraced his uncle. He slightly hissed as Lucian hit his shoulder where he got hit.

"How you doing zio ?". Donovan questioned when they pulled back with a smirk on his face.

"Can't complain ". Lucian shrugged, taking a look at his nephew. He hadn't see him in years. Seven years to be exact.

"You look good nipote". Lucian complimented his nephew which he did despite the way he was feeling. Dressed down in black cargo pants along with a black skirt and a black jacket on top. The low cut black air forces were on his feet.

"Thanks". Donovan shook his head with a small smirk gracing his face.

"Now why are you here?  I know this isn't a friendly visit". Lucian spoke.

"Damn I can't come visit my uncle?". Donovan asked with his brows furrowed

"You can but I know you here for something else". Lucian crossed his legs and leaned back, sparking a cigarette. The prison warden let him do it because they were on his payroll.

"You probably heard about Angelo ". He started which made Lucian nod.

"What are you trying to do about that?". Lucian questioned staring at his nephew and blowing out smoke from his nose.

"I'm still trying to figure it out". Donovan mentioned.

"Figure it out?". Lucian questioned, jerking his head back, "You are wasting time chit chatting it with me right now. You should be out there, looking for the culprit". Lucian stated, pointing towards the outside.

"You don't think I'm doing that? I came here for help not to be made guilty about not doing enough for my brother. I will catch whoever did this to Angelo. I just need extra help!". Donovan told him, squinting his eyes at his uncle.

His family, more especially his father doubted his ability to handle things despite having proved them wrong multiple times. He wished they had more faith in him. He was doing things his way, a more subtle way.

"What you need from me?".  His stated, his tone more calm this time.

"Any thing that could help me. I don't care what it is". Donovan mentioned.

Lucian nodded his head and pulled out the iphone from his pocket. Donovan's brows furrowed in question but didn't dare to ask. As stated, Lucian basically ran the prison. The De Luca name held weight.

"Look at your phone. I just sent you this guy's number. He's a lawyer and does some special work on the side. He might help you, just say my name". Lucian spoke pressing a few keys on the iPhone.

Donovan pulled his burner out and examined the text message for a second before placing his phone back in his pocket.

"Thanks Unc, I knew I could count on you". Donovan sighed. He was tired. Everything was taking a toll on him.

"I heard you have someone pregnant. Congratulations my boy!". Donovan looked up seeing a wide grin plastered on Lucian's face. Donovan's faced mirrored his uncle, white pearl teeth on display. He was blushing.

"You really do have ears everywhere". Donovan murmured shaking his head. I guess that was the perks of being a powerful family.

"I have to know what's going on outside. I still run the streets". Lucian told Donovan which he agreed on. He still made insights on what was going on outside while Donovan handled the more technical issues such as money, the clubs, laundering.

"Let me not waste anymore time. Thanks again Unc". Donovan stated, wrapping up the visit. They stood up and slapped hands.

"Sure thing, just find whoever did this to my son and we good". Lucian spilled.

"Your son?" Donovan's brows furrowed in confusion as he looked at his uncle who looked very guilty of the confession he just splurted out.

What was going on?

꧁꧂
nipote = nephew
Zio = uncle

thoughtsss?