Chapter 19

Bret's POV

I wake up to the smell of rubbing alchol. As I sit upright I see nurses running everywhere with various items in hand. It the hospital. I hate hospitals.

"Oh you're up!" I see a nurse walk up to the bed beside me. Her blonde hair is cut into a bob and her lips are ruby red.

"I was hoping you wake up soon," she blabbed on and on about how worried she was so I quickly zoned out. I tried to sit up a little more but my I was forced to fall back when a sharp pain erupted in my shoulder.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you about your shoulder," says the nurse" you were injured when we found you."

"Whatever happened to Newton?" I ask

"Who's that?" she asks

"Your Computer Tech, right," I assure

"This is a hospital," she replies

"Yeah at a military base in Helena," I argue

"No, this New York," she says confusedly

"But I was just there," I argue

"Do you have amnesia?" she asks politely

"What? No!" I exclaim

"You probably do, you poor dear," she fusses

"How did I get in New York?" I ask

"Well someone found you passed out in an allyway. Took you here," she explains. I search through my mind for memories of the previous events. But all I get back is a headache. Something is wrong

"I need to leave now," I command

"I'm sorry but I can't let you do that. Your in no condition to leave," she replies

"I need to leave," I say standing up. Ignoring the pain my arm is in.

"I can't," she says.I look into her blue eyes. She's telling the truth.

"Fine," I comply. My eyes catch a glimpse of a window in the corner of the room.

"Thank-you," she sounds relieved

"I'd like to rest now," I lie. I lay back down on my bed. I watch as she nods before leaving. I'm about to get back up when her head pokes back through the door.

"If you need anything your bag is in the corner," she says pointing to the duffel bag my mom gave me the day we were Marked. Before I can say anything else she's disappeared.

"That was annoying," I whisper to myself. I get back up and walk over to the window. It's not locked so I easily open it. I'm only about one story up so I decide to jump.

Slowly I position myself on the ledge on the window then vault off the edge. For a moment I'm weightless. The next I'm on the ground, the shock from hitting the ground rattles through me. But I get back up unharmed.

I sprint away from the hospital getting as much ground away from it as I can. Now to find some answers.

I wander around the city aimlessly for a while before realizing I probably should have waited at the hospital. Tired and in pain I sit down at a park bench for a break. I rest my bag on top of my lap. Bored I sort through it's content.

My military uniform, tolietries, money, and extra clothes were all in there...but where was my pin? I dump everything out of my bag again. Searching for my pin, the last piece of my family, but it was no where to be found.

Giving up I threw everything back inside not bothering to rganize it. I stood up to leave when a small piece of paper floated down onto my lap.

"Don't try," I read. How stupid. How did that get back in there. It must have been those stupid boys from Helena. Before I ended up in New York. I get back up and start looking for the hospital.

After another hour of searching I'm about ready to give up. There is nothing here for me. I don't even no why I'm here! I should have stayed at the hospitals. All these emotions jumble up inside me and I hit my hand on the side of a building.

"Skrrrrooiinnkkk," I hear a noise behind me. A small pig is rolling around n a mud puddle. Why is there even a pig in-.

Before I can even finish think memories flood into me all at once. The building, the fight, the pin, Mason.

"Mason!" I call out. Where is she now. Why did she use the mem wipe on me. Why?....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Sorry this chapter drags on. I needed it to be a filler in between the last chapter and the next one! The next one all will be revealed so stay tuned! And remember

Vote

Comment

Fan

All these things are greatly appreciated!!!

sunpetal304