Chapter 10

Author's Note:

Ok peeps I have much news to tell. First of all...OVER 100 reads!!!! Thanx you guys it really means a lot! Secondly it's...HOLIDAY  DOUBLES POSTING SPREE! So not only am I posting this chapter but i will also have the second one up by tomorrow! Not only will there be two chapters but the next 2 chapters of Pretty Please? up too. Plus I will also be premiereing one of the following

-Smashing Lollipops-Teen Fiction

-Vampire Hunters-Vampire, Humour

-I Need a Miracle!-Teen Fiction

The best part...YOU GUYS GET TO DECIDE! To decide the newest book plz comment the one you would most likely read! And as always vote and/or fan plz ;) Sorry for the long Author's Note by the way.

Thanx,

-sunpetal304

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bret's POV

-2 minutes after reading the email-

Newton enters the room holding a bag of ice to the back of his head. I glare at him.

"What's up chum? Why so glum?" he asks. I glare at him for a moment more before turning around and opening the email. I watch as the colour drains from his face as he reads the email.

"H..h...how did you..." he stammers then trails off. I walk up to him lift him up by the collar of his shirt. For a guy who's supposedly two years older than me he sure is light.

"What do you know about my sister?" I ask forcefully

"Who?" he asks with a hint of humour in his voice.

"Clara. Clement," I speak through gritted teeth

'"Her? Nothing. I was going to after you were gone," he says hysterically. I lift him up harder. I can feel his hand reaching for something.

"Sorry buddy, but I can't tell you anything," he says. I feel his hand meet it's target and I see him whip it out of his pocket. A revolver. Of course, he puts it to my head.

"Now let me down," he says calmly. I set him down on his chair.

"Now sit down,"he instructs. I sit down in the chair beside him still watching him intently.

"Now stay still," he says reaching inyo his pocket. He reachs in his pocket and pulls out a mem wipe.

  A mem wipe is probably self-explanatory but this is for you if your still not sure. A mem wipe (short for memory wiper) is a device that looks like a flattened out flashlight. If flashed in your eyes it will wipe your short-term memory. The mem wipe has no effect over you if your eyes are closed. Depending on how long the light is flashed in one's eyes, the more memory it erases. The government uses it all the time but it's rare to find one amoung regualr citizens.

This time I disobey Newton. I grab the gun while he's readying the memory wiper. He tries to flash me with the memory wipe but misses.

"Hand over the mem wipe," I say sternly. My eyes are closed.

"Never," he shouts. He tries to run around me but I trip himbefore he can. I scoop him up, prying the me wipe from his hands before I place him in a headlock. The revolver's barrel is planted on his head. There is no way he can get away now.

"Now, is there something you wanna tell me?" I say almost evil-ly

"No way," he says strugling to get away

"You sure?" I ask. I click the bullet in to place.I hear him gulp then sigh.

"Fine," he sighs. I release him from my grip then tuck the mem wipe in my back pocket. The gun remains in my hand but not on Newton's head.

"Look, I shouldn't be telling you this, since htis all highly confidental and-" Newton drags on

"Get on with it," I threaten lifting up the gun again.

"Look, I really shouldn't be here. I only came here so that G.G wouldn't suspect anythying," he says quietly

"Who's G.G?" I ask

""For your own safety I'm not going to tell you," he says. I move the gun around in my hand then let him continue.

"See," he says taking off his coat and pulls down the sleeve of his shirt. There's a circle like mine that's not completely closed.

"Now, watch," he says. He rubs his arm. There was make-up on the tatoo, highly illeagal. When he wipes away the make-up he reveals not a circle but a spiral. I'd never sen that Mark before.

"See! This is what I mean. I was Marked differently. I was Marked Gifted. A rank above Excellent. I'm able to work the computers so well because I'm a computer genius," he says

"Well...what about Clara?" I ask

"Oh! Her? Well I don't know anything. Actually I know she was Maked Gifted too. And she's a powerful one at that," he shrugs. I lean into him and hug him. It's the first news I've heard of Clara since we were seperated.

"You can't tell anyone, no matter how much you want too," he says as I pull away from him

"Why?" I ask without thinking

"Because A while ago people used to kill people becauseof their talents, you don't want your sister killed. Do you?" Newton says sternly

"I won't tell anyone. Jeez...Newton you gotta believe be. You know you can trust me," I say. He shoots me with a 'are-you-serious look'. I remember the previous events and slink down in my seat. Just as I slink down I feel the gun being ripped from my hands. I whip my head up to see Newton with the gun. Tears are streaming down his face.

"Sorry," is all I can make out as the bullet enters my cheast.