24. Perfectly Fine

Start from the beginning

  Which caused Madison to laugh, "I don't dance, trust me I'm terrible."

Jace stood up and walked over to Madison's side, holding out his hand, "Even a better reason for you to dance with me, I'll teach you." He ushes for her to take his hand.

  Madison turned to look at Christian, the dark look in his eyes warning her not to go, and that if she does that there will be consequences.

Madison turned her gaze to Whitney in front of her.

"Go." She mouthed, smiling.

Facing Jace again she nodded up at him  and placed her hand in his.

   "Okay, but go easy on me, Jace." She told him.

Whilst walking towards the dance floor she turned she look at Chris, he eyed her every movement. He didn't fucking like this.

"So Christian, how have you been? You haven't talked much this whole evening." Whitney asked taking a sip from her glass.

Chris followed his gaze to her. "Cut your shit. I don't like you, and I never will. So let's not pretend we do."

"Trust me, I don't either." Whitney said, "You should be scared though."

"Really? of what?" He sat up, asking.

Whitney leaned in abit for him to hear, "For the day she will finally leave you, and when she does there will be nothing you can do about it."

He smirked, taking a sip form his whiskey. "I suggest you keep your nose out of our business."

Whitney frowned at him, "Madison is my best friend and I know you're hurting her even though she hasn't confirmed my questions. You, Christian is a problem, and one day she will leave you and I will be the one helping her solve the problem." She said and sat back in her seat, watching the near fear settle in his eyes. "I suggest you don't get too comfortable after what I just said."

He knew she won't leave him, she can't, not while she's carrying his child.

Jace spinned Madison around until she landed back in his arms, his hand on the middle of her back.

She laughed, his presence slowly relaxed her and she enjoyed it.

"See? you're not a bad dancer at all. Liar." He said, slowly swayed sided to side and she followed.

  "I guess so." She looked at him.

Jace pulled her in till her head rested on his shoulder, her arms around his waist, and his around her.

She breathed in as they just swayed to the calming music, not realizing a sudden sad cloud hovered over her.

She needed a hug. Just a simple hug that made her forget about all he worried even if it's just for a few seconds.

  "You're a good friend, Jace." She said.

"I know something is bothering you, spill it out." He whispered to her.

  "What do you mean? I'm fine."

Perfectly fine.

He laughed, which made her pull away and look at him.

    "Really, I'm okay."

"How's things between you and Chris? Is he still...you know?"

Madison felt uncomfortable talking about this but she new Jace and Whitney could be trusted, they were her friends and all they wanted to do was help.

   She looked down, "Yes." She nodded. "But not as bad anymore because-"

"You're pregnant." He said calmly. "Are you?"

   She smiled up at him and nodded, "Five weeks."

Jace couldn't help but pull her in for a hug, "Congratulations."

   "I wanted to tell you both later this evening but yes I am."

"Are you happy?" Jace asked.

    "I am, yes." Madison has learned to accept this new blessing even if it wasn't planned, and at first she had her doubts and fears about it but she felt ready to focus on the good and the future. The future of her and her baby alone. 

"And Christian? How does he feel about it?"

How did he feel about it?

Madison never asked, but there wasn't much reason too since he made it very clear that he didn't want this baby, that he wouldn't love this baby.

   "He's coming around to the idea, we are both you know just thinking about what happened and we don't want to make that same mistake again, but we're happy." She said lying, Christian still didn't want anything to do with this baby. She was all alone.

Jace nodded, "I'm very glad, but if he tries to hurt you in any way you call Whitney and I." He gently squeezed her shoulder. "You call us Madison, okay?"

  "Okay. I will."

"Just because you're carrying his baby, doesn't mean you have to stay, be selfish for once and do what's right for you." He said and pulled me in once again, allowing the music to fill their ears again.

   "I want to leave him, but I'm scared." She whispered against his chest.

He held her close, "I think it will be scary when you do, but remember you're not alone."

________________

20 March 2023.
_________________

I missed you all!

Don't forget to please vote to enjoy future chapters<3