Chapter 21: Crazy Critic

Start from the beginning

The secretary and assistant were too afraid to move, and they hesitated for a long time. Only one bold person went to the front desk to make a call.

When Huo Junxian stood up, the secretary dropped the phone, and everyone held their breath, afraid that she would swing the knife.

Huo Junxian had not stayed there all the time. She held the dog in one hand and the embroidery knife in the other, and walked out. The tip of the knife scraped the ground, making a squeaking sound, which made people's scalp tingle.

Teddy was not light, and it looked like it was going to slide down. It climbed up and grabbed the fabric of Huo Junxian's chest. Her black skirt was almost torn.

This floor became exceptionally quiet, and even breathing was restrained.

When they arrived at the elevator, Huo Junxian handed the knife to Gu Siyu and said, "Hold this for me."

Gu Siyu responded and took the knife. It was really heavy. It was quite difficult to hold it with one hand, so she used both hands. She thought that if Huo Junxian hadn't held onto the knife, and it had slightly deviated, the man's head might have been cut off. It was quite terrifying.

The elevator doors opened, and Huo Junxian walked in and pressed the button for the first floor. It seemed like she had no intention of going back to the office.

"How did you know where I was?" Gu Siyu asked her in confusion.

Huo Junxian said, "I let Xiao Yu smell your clothes, and she led me to you."

Then she added, "I was just pretending to scare them with the knife. Jin Yuansen is ruthless, and I was afraid they would hurt you."

Gu Siyu was somewhat skeptical. Huo Junxian's posture with the knife just now didn't look like she was pretending to scare them. Even if she was pretending, it was too convincing. She had scared the man into kneeling.

"What's wrong?" Huo Junxian asked her.

"Nothing," Gu Siyu looked at the knife and asked, "Where's the scabbard? Where did you get this knife?" She felt that the knife was too out of place. Why did Huo Junxian suddenly bring a sharp knife? Was it because of Jin Yuansen?

"Jin Yuansen gave it to me," Huo Junxian said.

"Hmm?" Gu Siyu asked.

"Jin Yuansen used to pursue me and sweet-talked me a lot. He said if he ever stopped loving me, I could use the knife to kill him. This knife has been on the bookshelf behind my desk all this time."

"What if they don't release the hostage?" Gu Siyu asked casually.

"I'll kill them," Huo Junxian replied.

Gu Siyu turned her head to face Huo Junxian's smiling face. She looked a little helpless. "Did you want to hear that answer?"

Gu Siyu thought she understood Huo Junxian, but the way she talked and that ruthless expression made her feel a little uneasy and fearful.

This fear stemmed from a lack of trust. She didn't understand what was real and what was fake about Huo Junxian.

Gu Siyu disliked this feeling. It meant she was losing control of Huo Junxian.

The two of them got off the elevator, and the employees downstairs didn't know what had happened. They greeted Huo Junxian politely, but when they saw Gu Siyu holding a knife, they quickly stepped back. Some of the bolder ones even winked at Huo Junxian, afraid that she was being threatened by Gu Siyu.

Walking out of the office, the scorching sun shone down on them, and the summer heat had arrived. Huo Junxian stepped back and hid in the shade. There was a thin layer of sweat on her forehead as she said, "Is it my turn to ask you now?"

"Hmm?"

Huo Junxian looked straight at her and said, "What did Jin Yuansen say to you?"

Gu Siyu didn't choose to hide it from Huo Junxian and roughly explained her conversation with Jin Yuansen, "If you were any later, I would have left with him. To be honest, the conditions he offered were quite tempting."

"Tsk, three hundred million and a house."

"Compared to you, you haven't given me anything in terms of material or emotional things. Even just now with the knife, I couldn't figure out what you were going to do with it. I didn't feel safe."

Gu Siyu hinted at Huo Junxian.

She felt so cheap. After suppressing her fear of Huo Junxian, she wanted to please her.

It was like licking the blade and enjoying this ultimate pleasure.

Huo Junxian looked down at Teddy, who was also feeling hot and said, "Let me take you home."

The car pulled up and the driver came to open the door. He let Huo Junxian sit first, then went directly to the front driver's seat, treating Gu Siyu like air.

The trunk wasn't opened, and Gu Siyu threw the knife in horizontally. She bent over and got into the car, feeling that something was off. Teddy called out to her, but she glared at him and he got in the car.

The car kept driving, passing through bustling streets. The view outside the window didn't look like the way back. Gu Siyu lived in a narrow area where the sound of construction work never stopped during the day. The surroundings were a gray haze, and the further the car went, the quieter it became. There were mountains and water, and it was too sunny.

Gu Siyu asked, "Where are we going?"

Huo Junxian tilted her head in her direction and said, "Don't you feel unsafe? I'll protect you." She slid her finger over the back of her hand, still warm. Huo Junxian spoke gently, like how she would comfort Teddy, "Don't be afraid, I'll take you to a place where no one can find you."

Author's Note:

Gu Siyu: Just escaped the tiger's mouth and entered the wolf's den, life is so exciting.

I want to recommend my completed novel, "Moonlight Kisses the Red Rose," it's super good! It features little Gu and little Huo!

Thank you to the little angels who voted for me or watered my crops between 2022-02-05 01:36:23 ~ 2022-02-05 23:31:28.

TO BE CONTINUE...