Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal

Start from the beginning

Gu Siyu understood that Huo Junxian had a thin skin and no one had ever made such a request to her before. The noble Miss Huo had never done such a thing, and Huo Junxian was using her. She couldn't let herself be taken advantage of for nothing; otherwise, she would suffer a loss.

Huo Junxian replied to her: [I agree to your terms, but first, call me Mommy.]

Gusi Yu: [?]

Well, it had to be said that Huo Junxian looked quiet and unworldly, but she was still very infuriating.

Gu Siyu: [You wait for me.]

The car arrived at the destination, and she pushed open the car door. The driver complained several times, but she was too lazy to listen, and directly went to the company with her phone in her pocket.

To enter the company, she had to scan her face. She waited for a while, and the receptionist ran over to take her into the company and swipe her elevator card.

Gu Siyu saw someone press the floor where Huo Junxian was located in the elevator, but she didn't reach out and withdrew her gaze to continue typing.

In just over ten seconds, the elevator door opened, and the person who had been standing in the elevator called out to her, "Miss Gu?"

Gu Siyu turned her head to look, feeling that this face was familiar, but before she could remember where she had seen it before, the person, as if confirming that she was the one, suddenly slapped her hand hard. The phone she was holding was directly slapped out of the elevator.

"What are you doing?" Gu Siyu frowned. She hadn't even had a chance to get angry when the other two people in the elevator pushed her out by restraining her arms.

The phone screen on the ground was still lit up. The man behind her picked up her phone and started scrolling through the chat records by touching the screen.

Gu Siyu quickly turned her head and shouted, "Xiao E, turn off the phone screen."

The voice assistant responded quickly and instantly turned off the screen. The man pressed the power button hard, but to enter the homepage he needed a password. The man looked at her with a fierce expression and said, "You're pretty smart."

Gu Siyu gave him a cold glance and tried to shake off his arm, but he pressed her even tighter. These people were all wearing suits and looked like office workers, but their grip was as strong as martial artists.

"Come with us."

The group of people pressed her and walked forward.

Gu Siyu had only been to the company once and everything looked unfamiliar to her. She vaguely remembered that the secretary who brought her here last time seemed to have pressed this floor button.

As people came and went, a few employees passed by her with files and looked at her with suspicion, but after looking, they went about their business like nothing had happened, each looking like a puppet.

After a few twists and turns, they arrived at the end of the corridor. The man behind opened the door and Jin Yuansen was sitting inside, with gold-rimmed glasses on his nose and a suit that made him look particularly refined.

Jin Yuansen looked up at her and said coldly, "You still dare to come to the company? Didn't I warn you last time?"

Gu Siyu was still being restrained, she twisted a couple of times, but couldn't get away.

Jin Yuansen lifted his chin, and the person holding Gu Siyu's arm pressed her head down. Gu Siyu gritted her teeth and didn't lower her head. She said with determination, "Jin Yuansen, try moving me again."

Jin Yuansen didn't grab her so conspicuously for the sake of saving face. He wasn't a fool. If he had an impulsive nature, the day when Gu Siyu made him act like a lapdog, he would have sent someone to beat her up immediately.

Now, he couldn't wait to grab Gu Siyu and silence her, so that she would keep his secrets well hidden.

Looking at it the other way, Gu Siyu also held a bargaining chip, so Jin Yuansen had to be on guard against her. He lifted his hand, the two people holding Gu Siyu released her, and turned to go out and lock the door securely.

Jin Yuansen's expression became calm, and he said calmly, "I apologize for what happened just now. I called you here not to do anything to you, but to hope that you will behave yourself during this period and not cause any trouble for me."

Gu Siyu looked at him and then at the office.

This place didn't look like an office; it looked more like a collection room. It was dark and stuffy, but it was twice as big as Huo Junxian's office. The built-in bookshelves displayed famous paintings and blue-and-white porcelain.

Jin Yuansen spoke after she finished looking, "Huo Junxian has a very cold personality. No matter how you provoke her, she won't cooperate with you. I am different. As long as you keep your mouth shut, I will give you money, and I won't trouble you again later."

Gu Siyu's arm was sore from being suppressed. She rubbed it twice and looked at him, "How much money can you give?"

One hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, at most one million.

"One hundred million and a house," Jin Yuansen said.

Gu Siyu was taken aback. Jin Yuansen was surprisingly generous. She looked suspicious. On Huo Junxian's side, he had to wait and see if she agreed or not, while he just wanted to use money to silence her. It felt like a trap on both sides.

Gu Siyu didn't understand anything about company battles and internal struggles, nor did she know how to operate. She was only sensitive to money.

Jin Yuansen said frankly, "Because this is the best chance for me to suppress Huo Junxian." He folded his fingers and, after a moment, extended two fingers. His glasses reflected a bright light. "I'll give you two options."

"Tell me," Gu Siyu was very curious about how Jin Yuansen planned to suppress Huo Junxian.

Jin Yuansen said, "The first option is to take my money and live a carefree life. The second option..." he looked at Gu Siyu coldly, "I will have someone hold you for a period of time, cut off your internet and electricity. We'll settle our old and new accounts together. I remember you have no parents or friends. Nobody should care if you disappear for a month or two, right?"

Gu Siyu bit her lip, and Jin Yuansen's eyes were cold.

"Of course, you can take my money, and if the price is not right, we can talk about it again..." Jin Yuansen's tone softened a lot, and he looked gently into her eyes and said, "I won't say much about how you spend the money happily. Let's talk about something more interesting. I see you're interested in Huo Junxian. How about this: when I make her penniless and she has nothing, you can go and force her a little. Then this matter will be settled."

Author's note:

Thank you to the little angels who voted for me or irrigated me with nutrient solution during the period from 2022-02-02 21:23:05 to 2022-02-03 22:56:49.

TO BE CONTINUE...