Teddy immediately jumped down from the couch and walked to the trash can. He pushed it towards the coffee table and then walked over to Huo Junxian, rubbing his head against her leg in a well-rehearsed and fluid motion.

Gu Siyu looked at Teddy with glee and said jokingly, "I'll have to beat you up for this."

However, Huo Junxian knelt down and rubbed Teddy's head, "You can't do this anymore. I've already indulged you enough. If you keep this up, I'll be angry."

Teddy: "Awooo."

Gu Siyu felt bored and didn't want to watch. She coldly said, "A doting mother spoils her child."

Huo Junxian hugged the dog and said, "You know you're wrong. Shouldn't you show a little attitude?"

Gu Siyu turned her head away but then turned back.

Although they tidied up the room together, they couldn't hide it from Huo Junxian's eyes. Teddy slowly walked towards the kitchen and barked at the water bottle in the water tank.

Huo Junxian heated up water and prepared several bags. She mixed them together to create a white liquid and fed it to Teddy using the water bottle. Teddy lay on her lap and drank obediently.

Gu Siyu watched with her arms crossed.

Huo Junxian was very quiet. Her palm would pat Teddy's back and occasionally say something to make Teddy drink more calmly. She warned Teddy not to drink too quickly when she saw it getting too excited.

She gave all her tenderness to the dog.

Teddy licked its mouth and didn't seem to enjoy the drink. Huo Junxian said, "If you don't finish it, I'll give it to someone else."

Teddy looked up at Gu Siyu and obediently finished the drink, afraid that Gu Siyu would take it away.

Huo Junxian was quite busy. Her phone rang two or three times, but she didn't answer until Teddy finished drinking. It was her secretary calling about the traitor in their company this morning.

She didn't talk behind Gu Siyu's back. Gu Siyu stood next to her and heard everything clearly, but she didn't express any opinion.

Huo Junxian packed everything up and said, "I have to go back."

"You're really busy," Gu Siyu said, biting on her yogurt stick and savoring the sweetness inside. "You've been working hard lately."

In fact, Gu Siyu was not interested in the company at all. She only liked money.

Huo Junxian said, "I've never worked before and I don't like working. But I have no choice. If I don't work and grab a gun, I'll lose everything. Even Xiao Yu will be homeless..."

She looked out the window like a bird trapped in a cage, wanting to fly out and said, "I prefer staying at home."

Gu Siyu thought back to the days when she stayed at Huo Junxian's villa. Huo Junxian's life was very routine, doing household chores, cooking, walking the dog, and being affectionate with her lover.

"But isn't that the same as going to work? It's all boring," Gu Siyu said.

"Hmm," Huo Junxian didn't comment.

Gu Siyu was not stupid. Huo Junxian probably intended for her to hear these things to get information from her. She chewed on her yogurt bar and finished it.

After knowing each other for some time, Gu Siyu felt that she understood Huo Junxian a little bit. Huo Junxian wouldn't ask for help directly but rather seduce others to gain their trust.

Gu Siyu didn't say anything more and went to take a shower. While taking off her clothes, she kept thinking about what Huo Junxian had said earlier.

If Huo Junxian loses to Jin Yuansen in a fight, she won't get anything. She had placed all her bets on Huo Junxian from the beginning.

Now she was playing into Huo Junxian's hands and only harming herself. Huo Junxian knew this and threw her a bone to pick up.

However, Huo Junxian was using her and hoping that she would help her without collaborating with her. This made her really unhappy.

In the past two days, Huo Junxian had been obedient to her face but was playing with her behind her back, insulting her with "dog repair gold sa ma."

When Gu Siyu finished showering and came out, Huo Junxian had already left. Gu Siyu wrapped a towel around herself lazily without bothering to button it up and her whole body was still wet.

Huo Junxian had cleaned the house before leaving as if to compensate her, but she was too lazy to examine the changes in the dilapidated house.

Gu Siyu lay on the sofa with her hair hanging over the armrest. She had taken a nap in the afternoon and was not particularly tired, but just bored.

She felt that something was not right and sat up to search on her phone: What does "dog repair gold sa ma" mean?

She thought it over and felt something was off, so she sat up and searched on her phone seriously: What does "gouxiujinsama" mean?

Baidu answer: "Master" in Japanese. (Note: Baidu is similar to google)

"..."

Gu Siyu gritted her teeth.

It's over.

She shouldn't have checked.

···

On the way back, Huo Junxian's phone on the empty seat next to her rang. She didn't even look at it and said to her secretary, "We'll know tomorrow who's backstabbing us."

"Huh?" The secretary was puzzled, "How do you know?"

Huo Junxian didn't speak, and the secretary didn't ask much, thinking that Huo Junxian had her own channels, and that General Huo was quite capable.

She glanced in the rearview mirror and saw Huo Junxian pick up her phone, but this time, she didn't have the calmness of holding the whole situation like before. The smile at the corner of her mouth pressed down and down again, finally becoming somewhat surprised, and her eyebrows became frivolous.

The secretary asked, "Did the other party back out?"

Huo Junxian flipped her phone back over, "No."

But Gu Siyu sent this message: [I can tell you, but I have a condition.]

Author's note:

Thanks to the little angels who voted for me or irrigated nutrient solution between 22:05:16 on February 1, 2022, and 21:23:05 on February 2, 2022~

TO BE CONTINUE...