Chapter 22

Chapter 22

My heart sank when I watched them pull the kids out of the water. It was devastating, heart-wrenching, and something I wouldn't want to experience.

I still couldn't believe what was happening. Kahit kinakausap na ako ni Bastien, hindi ko siya maintindihan when my mind flew to that moment and I couldn't get myself back quickly. My mind was also with Cholo and I know he's scared dahil walang malay na iniangat si Limer sa tubig.

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako idinala ni Bastien basta'y bumalik na lamang ako sa ulirat ko nang nasa harapan ko na si Jaino at tinapik ako nito. Kinamusta naman ako nito at tila'y tango na lang din ang nagawang itugon ko sa kanya.

Umalis ako sa pagkasasampa sa jetski at inalalayan niyang makasampa sa yate namin. Hindi ko rin masyadong naintindihan ang sinasabi ni Jaino 'cause the next thing I knew we're heading back to the port where we could see the coast boat they used to fetch the kids up from the water.

I couldn't see them anywhere, but only hear the sound of the siren echoing as it was leaving the port rapidly.

"I hope they'll be okay," I heard Jaino mutter.

Nilingon ko siya. "Can we go after them?"

Jaino looked at me and nodded. "We will. Let me just secure the yacht and we'll go see them, is that okay?"

I nodded and waited for him to finish whatever he needs to do.

It only took him a few minutes when he finished securing the yacht and we joined the Monets heading to the hospital where they brought the kids. Habang patungo kami ni Jaino ro'n, hindi maalis ang kaba sa dibdib ko. What more pa kaya si Cholo ngayon? He wouldn't want to lose another special someone to him. He already lost one before and he doesn't want it to happen again.

I don't want to see him suffer from those pains again. I might lose the Cholo I know if that happens.

Hindi rin naman nagtagal nang makarating kami ni Jaino sa hospital. We asked sa reception kung saan dinala iyong mga batang nalunod. They immediately pointed us at the emergency room where we were restricted to go in. Saglit lang din naman ay nakita naming ang mga tatay ng dalawang bata. Sina Cholo at sir Mr. Monet na pinayuhang lumabas ng emergency room at maghintay sa magiging resulta.

I quickly get to Cholo's side and comforted him. I hugged him just to calm him down and I could feel his body trembling from fear.

"He'll be okay..." the words that try to calm him down might not sound best, but hopefully helps.

Hindi niya ako sinasagot and that's okay as I know his head's going everywhere right now and that's on the other side of this emergency room.

As I pulled myself off him, I looked at his face and cupped my hands on him. I made him look straight at me.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay... he'll be back... he's a fighter, you know that?" Tinitingnan niya lang ako, but his eyes are red. Mangilig-nglid na ang mga luha niya at gano'n din naman ako pero kailangan kong maging kalmado para kay Cholo. He needed me right now so I need to be strong. "Take a deep breath..."