My dear Ole husband glares at me, "did you just call me 'dude' and to 'chill? The fuck?"

I sigh deeply, palming my forehead in my own frustration, "dummy."

"Dummy? Now listen here little miss mouth--"

I cut him off and plant a big kiss on his lips, shutting him up. He deepens the kiss at the chance when I open my mouth for him, feeling his urgent need along with my own. God, I missed the touch of his lips and hands on me. 

I break away the kiss, "I have something for you. It's one of the Christmas presents I got other than the Santa suit. I forgot to give it to you before you left for the business trip."

His eyes are still closed and lips slightly parted still from our kiss, "kiss me again first. I need more."

I smile before leaning in and kissing his awaiting lips again, such a greedy man.

After a whole five minutes of kissing he finally releases me I told him to check his bedside drawer where I left the gift.

He opens the drawer and looks down at a small black square shaped box with a silver bow atop it. I watch his side profile carefully seeing his eyes fixed on the small box, he hasn't moved yet, only staring at it like it was a ticking time bomb. 

I hesitate, "Nico?"

He slowly picks up the box and unravels the bow atop before opening it, a silver ring lay adorn cushioned in the middle, glinting from the sun light shining through the open curtain beside the bed. I watch intently with the way his lip from the side lift up and eyes gleaming at the sight before him. Admiring his features, witnessing a side I've once seen at our wedding.

His eyes shift over to me, my breath catches when he sees me and says, "you still take my breath away, no matter the surprises you give me."

I blush looking away from his intense eyes, "you said you didn't need proof that I was yours...but I wanted the world to know you are mine." I say in a hushed tone.

Still looking away, I hear his footsteps round the bed and make his way to me. He sits beside me and I watch his finger pluck the ring from the cushion in the box, "will my blushing wife help put it on me?" He husks out, voice thick and raw.

I would pounce him right now, don't get me wrong, but I know he wouldn't want that, not now. Not when I'm still 'recovering'.

Biting my bottom lip I take the ring with his fingers and look up to see his spring blue eyes already on me, intense as ever, "promise me, Nicolai Stone. When we both find ourselves in trouble. No matter what situation lie within us, please promise me to come back to me as I will come back to you. To fight, and to keep fighting." I profess, putting my heart out there for him, putting all my feeling into this vow.

I remember when I was unconscious out in that forest, I wanted to fight, wanted to live because I remembered that Nico has fought for so long from his past with his father and the burdens he faced, what he witnessed as a child. But he still is here, alive and fighting. I wanted to fight along side him, still do.

Something like admiration glitters his eyes to my words. A genuine smile graces his face when I slide the ring into his finger before rubbing the pad of my thumb over it.

"I promise." He vows.

I love you...

I wanted to say those words right now but something is stopping me. Is it because I'm still scared of how he feels? If he even feels that way? Many people didn't feel the same as I do when I confess my feelings. Surely he feels the same? Right?

Does he know that I would gladly surrender myself completely to him if he did love me back? That I would burn for him, stop any pain that crosses his path. I would literally keep his secrets and lie for him, be his other half in every way. Would he know that he would be so loved and cherished by me?

But my mouth stays shut. All the times I blurt, and blubber like a fool, this is the one thing I seal my lips on! So cruel!

For now though, I hope this will show him how much he means to me.

By the way his eyes look at me, for some reason I think he can see right through me like glass, seeing all what's not being said out loud.

Can he see it?

My imagination gets cut off when he finally speaks, "are you well enough to walk?" He asks all the sudden.

Raising a sussy brow, "si."

"Then let's go to the Den. I have a meeting soon and if you want to know what my plans are. You will be apart of it anyway. I dont want you to be in the dark."

Wait, I'm in his plans?

Nico gets up and lends me his large hand, "you have some people to meet."

"Who?" I ask, intrigued.

He gives me a dashing smile, "lets just say I'm calling it the Stone Squad team."

How childish.

But I'll be damned if I'm not apart of it. If so, I will pull his ear and give him a smacking or two.