XIX. Why are you blushing?

Start from the beginning

I know he's the one who will take my life if I get involved recklessly, but I couldn't help but worry when I remembered his grim expression the last time I saw him.

I lifted my head and looked at my sister. Clara, who, according to the original story, should've had a difficult time, said that she had many friends her age after making her social debut safely.

"Did you enjoy the tea party?"

"Yes. When Ciel makes his debut, let's go together. My friends want to meet you, too."

"Invite them home later. I want to meet Clara's friends too."

That's a good thing, but on the other hand, I don't want to lose my sister to her friends. Perhaps it's because it has become a habit, but I hope Clara always likes me the most.

I snuggled up in my sister's arms. My lovely, sweet sister. She is still my older sister, and she is the person who loves me the most in the world.

Seeing me acting cute for some reason, Clara held my hand and suggested first.

"Ciel, would you like to go to the Garden with your sister today?"

"Should I?"

It's not bad to go on a date with my sister alone after a long time. I smashed my sister's love flag to get rid of my death flag. Since it's like this, then I should focus on finding a new brother-in-law.

After quite a while, I arrived at the glass greenhouse, holding my sister's hand. Despite the fact that most of the flowers withered during the winter, the magical greenhouse remained green.

"There's a lot of great people at the social gatherings, right? Anyone you like?"

"What kind of person do you like, Ciel?"

I can't believe you came at me like this. I'd never considered it, and my sister even intentionally dismissed my only maid, Merrill, to keep things private.

"I..."

I just want to live for now. The moment I tried to say that, I saw someone beyond the greenhouse.

Dark navy blue hair. Straight arms that fall at right angles and a stiff shoulder line. How can I forget that back?

"I invited him because he'd been looking forward to seeing you."

I haven't seen him since that day, but Alex visited Valentine's in person. When he heard the voices, he looked back.

He hasn't changed a bit since the last time. My sister welcomed Alex with a smile on her face.

"Lady Clara, thank you for accepting my request."

"Don't mention it. We're friends."

"Friend?"

I thought everything was ruined because there was no contact between you two, but that wasn't it?

"Mhm. We decided to be good friends."

My sister's bright smile hit me straight in the face. When did you two start secretly getting to know each other? Alex and Clara had a pleasant conversation with me standing next to her.

"I'm really sorry about that. His Majesty seems to have misunderstood."

"It's okay. I have asked a lot from you, too."

How did you get so close? No, it's good to be close, but please don't just talk to each other and let me in.

Clara and Alex were laughing with one another, and my pupils were shaking uncontrollably in the middle.