Anya knows damn well he only says that to make it seem like he cares when in fact he'd rip her to shreds if she really dared to cancel a show. Because every canceled show is money he loses. For Coop, Anya is nothing but a walking ATM.

"I'm fine!" she assures him. And she really is. Besides Lydia and her torture, she really feels great.

"Good!" He nods and looks at his phone. "Anything I can bring you?"

"Um... yeah," she says and looks around for beverages. But it seems like the organizer forgot about them. "Water would be nice!"

Without looking up from his phone, he nods. "I'll bring you some!"

With these words, he disappears and Anya closes her eyes again and lets her team work their magic.

Three hours later, her styling team leaves and Anya stands there in her stage outfit—a black sparkling, tight-fitting bodysuit—her dark hair in beach waves, her eyes smoky.

This is the Anya.
The Anya is not quite her, but she still loves being her.

She leans closer to the mirror and redraws the little mole underneath her eye buried under layers of makeup. She never thought something that she used to hate about her face would become her signature mark. Everyone loves and adores that mole and with time, she learned to embrace her flaws, her imperfections.

Smiling, she lets her hands glide over her body. Every time she sees herself looking like this she knows why she's so successful, she knows why everyone wants a piece of her, why her fans would sell their actual souls to be close to her...

Suddenly the door opens again and Coop walks in.

Finally!

He stops abruptly and a dark smirk appears on his face.

"Gosh, I love this outfit!" he says and looks down at her body. Confused, she furrows her brows. Why is he acting like he's seeing this outfit for the first time?

"How are you feeling today? Better?" he asks and Anya looks at him, baffled.

"Huh?" she says. "Yes, Coop, we've been here before, remember? Do you have the water I asked you for three hours ago?"

One of the staff organized it after her manager just didn't show up again. And she can't hide that she's slightly pissed. What is she paying him for?

Confused, he tilts his head. "Water?"

What's gotten into him?

"Yes..?" she says with narrowed eyes. "You were going to bring me some?"

"Oh!" he says and scratches his head. Something is incredibly wrong with him. "Must've forgotten that, sorry! I'm a little distracted by... gosh, girl..."

Suddenly he walks closer and Anya feels his hands on her waist. Irritated, she takes a few steps back, feeling her breathing becoming irregular.

What is he doing?

In a panic, she looks into his eyes when her back meets the wall.
Suddenly they light up red.

Fuck!

"Kyun!" she gasps. Seeing him again relieves and scares her at the same time. "You're a damn shapeshifter?"

"Oh, babygirl!" He smirks and when she blinks the next time, he looks like himself again. "I'm so much more than that!"

Her heart is still racing like crazy but she's not sure if it's because for a second she thought her manager was assaulting her or because it's Kyun.

"What are you doing here?"