♛Chapter 3ღ

I did it. I promised I would. I had told myself I would and I did! Hahaha!! But.. Where the devil was my wingman? Wasn't he here a moment ago?

I looked around but not a soul in sight.

Just then, arms snaked around my waist. Long, familiar arms.

I felt breath on my neck and twitched. "Jack my man. You scared me half to death." I looked up and gave him a grin.

The black and white clown slunk away from me to my front. "Sooooo how'd it go?" His fingers intertwined with each other and he tapped his thumb on his other palm.

Oh Jack was so much joy! He loved to have fun and enjoyed all the gifts I offer him. But his only flaw was the lack of color. He seemed to fit right in with the boring human world and stood out in ours. Jack was rather tall with unnaturally long arms.

His shoulder length black hair was fluffy and rather soft, that is, when he let me touch it. And a long cone like nose. Still not exactly sure if it's real or a prop.

As for his clothes, I suppose they looked pretty normal for a clown but they were all black and white.

"Oh we really hit it off. She tried to call the cops and I tried to kill her a few times. Same ol' same ol'." I waved a hand. Jack snickered. "Oh dearie me. What's your plan now?"

"Say, gifts? I can't exactly see her often." My lips curled into a grin. "Then again, I wasn't supposed to reveal myself at all." Or so the law was in my realm. Not like I listen to them anyway.

"Should I offer the girl candy?" Jack slipped a few taffy from his pocket and held them out for me to see. I shook my head and crossed my arms. "No no. No need for that. I gave her Liquorice for now." My good toy mouse friend would be in her possession for now.

A surprised look flashed over Jack's face. "Did you now? Thought you loved that thing to death." He spoke. I replied with a shrug. "No need to fret. I'll get him back eventually."

At that moment, I heard shuffling.

"Right on time." I tipped my hat and spun around. Out from the woods staggered a small brown rabbit. A long blue scarf dragged on the ground from around his neck. "You've returned. Did you do what I asked?"

It's button eyes looked up and I grew irritated. "Didn't I tell you to distract them? Why didn't you!?"

The rabbit pressed itself on the ground but I threw it to a tree in one swoop. "You promised me you would obey! You lied to me!" I raised a foot to crush the toy but a voice interrupted.

"Chill it on the rabbit. It's not like he can fucking talk." A male spat as his figure emerged from the trees.

I let out a sigh. "I'm fine." I muttered, calming my heart. Jack chuckled. "Jefferyyyyyy nice to see you." The clown waved. I backed away from the toy rabbit and turned to Jeffrey. "My, what are you doing here anyway?"

Jeffrey huffed and looked away, his thick black hair covered his large eyes. "Damn orders. Have to keep you two idiots out of trouble." He changed to a mutter.

Jack frowned. "What sort of trouble could be possssibly get into?"

"Oh wow I have no idea!" Jeffrey suddenly looked up. "Maybe the cops or I dunno, ending up on the news!" He shot daggers at me with his eyes.

I gave him a simple shrug. "Okay. I guess I made a mistake but hey, I'm still here."

"And you're on the run. Which makes your little game even more dangerous." Jeffrey crossed his arms. "Why not come home and forget about the girl?" The young boy asked. His words pierced my heart. "NO." I stated clearly. "Perhaps this is a game for you guys. But I won't let her go."