"I heard that you wanted to be one of the agonists, Poehina. We have one good and one bad news. We found four people that would be amazing for the agonists and there is one remaining role as an agonist for you too. Unfortunately that role is a man."

I shrugged not one bit bothered.

"Perfect. I'll take that role then."

Seeing my resolution, the girls lost their smiles.

"But... That character is a male.

-And? In fact the genders of the characters are not that relevant for the plot so we could even change it but I don't mind playing a man. We wrote it like that anyway."

They were fuming and I could see it but I wasn't going to give them the upper hand. I expected however that they wouldn't give up so easily. In fact they spent all their time trying to annoy me, a goal that they didn't achieve. Astéria wanted to say something to them but I stopped her and told her to focus on her role. She was very invested into this play. Way more than I would have thought she would. It was so well played that watching her I forgot about reality and felt my heart squeeze. She gave life to this because it was her story. She could finally tell her story.

"Of course she gets the first role."

I turned around to see Iselota and the others.

"Yes. She was the best one among us."

I was a good actor too but I wrote this role for Astéria. She should be the one up there.

"This smells fishy. You write the story and your best friend gets the main role.

-First she is not my best friend, Orange is. And second, everyone agreed to give her the role. Why would you act all shocked now?

-When did we ever agree to let her on stage?"

I was going to lose it.

"It's too late anyway.

-You don't listen to anything we say. It's as if this is only your show."

Deep breathes. Happy thoughts. Orange feeding me cookies. The beach. Puppies.

"I am listening. What would you like to suggest?"

I didn't like the way they smiled.

"What if Astéria danced on stage?"

Really? Would they try the same thing as in the original book? I knew that they were going to change the music at the last minute.

"We would love to dance with her as back up dancers."

Nope. Not happening.

"Unfortunately I don't think that we have the time to choreograph a dance. But thank you for the suggestion.

-It's okay, we can do it.

-No, we really don't have time with the decorations and everything.

-Then she could sing."

I shuttered despite wanting to but kept my smile.

"That shouldn't be too long to put in place.

-No.

-Why? What's so wrong about this idea? You just don't want to do anything we say.

-Drop the act. We all know why you suggested this.

-Oh, is it because she is not a good singer? That's okay you could sing instead of her if you want. Do you know how to sing?

-I don't.

-Let us hear it. You act all high and mighty. Don't tell us that you don't know how to sing.

-No.

-Come on. Sing for us. It's not a big deal."

I was going to reject their offer but the next second there was a wall standing in front of me. It took me a second to understand that the wall was Astéria who placed herself between us and I couldn't see her face but I saw perfectly the reaction of the girls. The group crumbled in front of her and went paler than the wall. I could easily imagine Astéria's eyes turning glowing red and a vein appearing on the side of her chin.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

Even I froze. I never heard Astéria's voice that cold. The way she talked to me was way warmer but now it felt as if she could cut us with her tone only. Take her sword away, she didn't need it.

"She said no."

I would have died if I had been on the receiving end but having her take my side made my heart accelerate. She was so cool.

"If I hear that one of you pressured her to do anything, I'm going to destroy you. Did I make myself clear?"

They quickly nodded, scared for their lives.

"I don't want to see you again."

They ran away immediately and I was a bit disappointed to see that I didn't have this effect on them. Was I being too nice? Should I learn from Astéria?