2

Chresanto

I rubbed my wrists as the officer released me from the handcuffs off me. I spotted Jacob and immediately smiled when my niece, Jasmine's head popped up on the passenger side window of Jacob's red truck. I went up to him hugging him.

"You good man?"

I asked

"Yeah, you ready for this ?"

He chucked putting my one bag into the back of the truck

"As I'll ever be"

I scoffed

"Jasmine"

I scooped her up in my arms causing her to squeal.

"Uncle chres"

She giggled

I sat back and enjoyed the view as Jacob drove, the prison was in the middle of nowhere. I was glad to see some different buildings and people walking down the streets. Refreshing. Around an hour and a half later we was outside jacob's house where he lived with my older sister, I knew this house too well. The colour had changed and everything had been refurbished but chipped door leading to the back still stood there in place, loose on one hinge from the amount of times I'd jumped over it to get to the back bedroom just to see Alex, and then sneaking out before anybody caught us. Memories damn.

I walked inside jasmine on my hip and was immediately greeted by the smell of cooking. Homemade food.

"Hey baby, welcome home"

Honey appeared out of the kitchen her arms wide as she hugged me. She took jasmine out of my arms and instructed her to go get ready for her bath before serving me and Jacob a plate of pasta each. I was glad it was just us. I don't think I could've handled everybody here seeing me and asking how I was at once. It would of just frustrated me if I was being honest with you and myself.

"I got you something"

Honey smiled

Jacob chuckled lightly as I looked at them back and fourth tryna figure out if they were being foreal.

"What is it?"

I raised an eyebrow

Honey then went into the cupboard above the sink and grabbed a small rectangular box. I took it out of her hand and unwrapped it as if I was 6 years old and it was Christmas Day. It was an iPhone 6s in space grey. I read off the box.

"You shouldn't have honey"

I leaned over hugging her and kissing her cheek

"And everybody you need's number is in there okay, everybody pitched in to get it"

She smiled

"Everybody coming over?"

I asked biting my lip

"Yeah later, now you just need to chill alright"

She grinned