- 4 -

It was an hour before midnight when I was writhing in my bed in discomfort, my stomach was jabbing me, sending waves of pain. I could feel the food rise to my mouth, and I had managed to retain it so far, but now I didn't think it was possible anymore. I run to the ensuite, throwing my head over the porcelain bowl as I retched. I was sobbing by the end of it, I had reminded myself that even though the portion size was large, I would have been fine eating it all last year, but now - now I was abnormal. 

I wasn't going to be able to eat properly anymore, the damage was done.

I kept retching, not caring if I was making too much noise, and eventually, when the nausea fell away, I seated myself on the floor, my head resting on the toilet seat as I panted. I found myself crying again, something I was growing accustom too. I hate this. I hate that I was sick. I hate that I wasn't able to stand up for myself. I hate that I wasn't home. 

I hate myself.

"Eliza!" I don't turn my head to face him, I was in a disgusting state, "What happened?"

"I threw up." I murmur.

"Ok. Ok, let's get you cleaned up." Sora stands up, lifting me with him, he brings a cup of water, allowing me to rinse my mouth.

The arms wrapped around me reminded me of Elijah, when he was there for me the night I came back home from the pond on dads birthday. He was always there to care for me. My knees give away once more, and my mouth opens into a sob. Sora clutches onto me, bringing me into a hug, as I wailed. His hands run down my hair, trying to bring me comfort.

I didn't understand why it was now that I was allowing myself to admit how much I missed my past. How much I craved to be with my family. Perhaps it was because Oliver never gave me a chance to dwell on anything other than the pain he inflicted on me.

I could hear footsteps drawing closer behind us.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" Sora asks by my ear.

"I want to go home."

"You are home Eliza." He whispers.

"No!" I cry, "This isn't home, I want to go back home, I want Ezra and Elijah!"

"Ezra's coming in a weeks time Eliza, can you hold on until then?" He tries again.

"I don't like it here! I-I'm always so scared, I can't do this anymore," I finally turn to look at him, "My bothers wouldn't hurt me, they- they wouldn't force me to do anything I don't want to."

"We are your brothers..." He trails off, I could hear the sorrow in his voice.

I shake my head, "No. You're strangers to me."

"What- who hurt you?"

I don't reply, instead I let my eyes drift towards the figure watching us from the doorway. Ryo had his jaw clenched, and his arm tightened by his sides, was he angry with me?

"What did you do, Ryo?" Sora asks, his voice gravely quiet.

"I just asked her to finish her food." Ryo replies, his voice hard and void of emotions.

"Was it the same portion as the food on your plate?"

"Yes, but she hadn't eaten lunch." He reasons, voice still unwavering.

"How can you be so ignorant? Look at her! Tell me that she is the size of a seventeen year old who is healthy!" The irritation was seeping into his words.

"I see it now, I was too late to recognise how underweight she looks." Ryo states, hands crossing over his chest.

Sora's voice raises as he continues, "You can't force someone to eat large portions, when their body has grown accustom to eating less than what is necessary."