Card Games (Lando Calrissian)

Start from the beginning

Then, something you didn't expect happened. Han was the one cheating...

You saw it right as Han placed a pretty good card down. You noticed the pretty paper hidden in his sleeve; the game changer card! It was the ultimate card in Sabacc! No matter how far either person involved in the game was, if the ultimate card was placed down, it was game over!
Han was planning on dragging this card game down to make the whole thing more dramatic, then play that card which would give him just what he wanted.

You stepped forward; Chewie grabbing your shoulder very aggressively. You squeaked out in pain as the Wookiee applied more pressure, which caught Lando's attention,
"What's wrong?" he asked, noticing the Wookiee's hand latched to you, "Let her go now, Chewbacca."

He growled, barring his teeth at the gambler, "Han is cheating!" you quickly squeaked out.

Chewie let out a roar and grabbed you in his arms. Despite the awful pain, you were thankful the Wookiee reacted that way for the sponsors to see. If he and his friend weren't actually cheating, they wouldn't have reacted in that way. That shows Chewie knew the plan the whole time!

Lando rose from his seat and pulled his blaster out at the Wookiee, "Let her go. This bet is off! It's one thing to cheat, but it's a whole different ballgame when you start threatening my people! Get out of here, and never return unless you want to die!"

Han shot his companion a nasty look. Before he could get up to leave, a few of the sponsors came onto the game floor; grabbing the gambler by the arms. Han struggled, which caused more pain to course through your body thanks to the angry Wookiee, but after a few seconds of searching, they found the card that you had spotted as well,
"Disappointing, Mr. Solo," the Twi'lek dealer said while grabbing the deck of cards to put them away as Lando had commanded, "I was hoping to have a good, well-mannered game between you and Mr. Calrissian."

The Wookiee finally dropped you, and you gasped painfully for air, "Put a leash on that thing!" you gasped, grabbing painfully at your throat, which had been injured during the struggle.
Lando raced over to your side and wrapped his arms around your pained form,

"I hope you can find the door by yourself. Otherwise, I will have to throw you out myself. This is absolutely unacceptable— bringing in a Wookiee for sheer intimidation. You can kiss our friendship goodbye."

Han and Chewbacca annoyingly left without another word. The dealer had managed to grab Han's cheat card so he couldn't screw over any other gambler in the outer rim. You didn't care about that though— you were just upset about how you were right about Han. That was something you'd never thought you would be upset about: being right.

Once the Wookiee and the gambler left, it was just the sponsors, Lando, and you. The sponsors began to thin out as well; obviously unhappy about what had transpired.
Then, it was just you and Lando.

He had been panicky before the sponsors had left and offered to call an ambulance in case you had any internal bleeding or injury, but you told him not to worry about it.
It was your job to worry about Lando, not the other way around. Though, you did do your job, so even though you're hurt, it didn't happen for no reason.

If you wouldn't have spotted the fake card, Han would've won the Falcon, and he and the Wookiee would've gotten away with it,

"I promise I'm okay," you said after a moment; touching Lando's hand lovingly, "That Wookiee is strong, but he didn't even use half of his strength to harm me. I'll be bruised, but I promise I'm okay."

Lando, once he saw everyone was gone, bent down and placed a kiss right on your lips, "That was the most scared I have ever been in. Please don't let yourself get into that position again— if anything were to happen to you... I simply don't know what I would do with myself."

Those words meant more to you than you'd expected. Of course, you and Lando were an item, but you had no idea how much you truly meant to him. You could understand where your boyfriend was coming from; if Chewie had come after him instead of you, you'd never be able to forgive yourself.

You grabbed your boyfriend and pulled him into a tight hug, "I promise. And, I don't think Solo or Chewbacca will be back for a while. Your blaster threats were taken seriously."

"Good," Lando said in a serious manner, "Because if they do, I will not hesitate to kill them both... and I don't miss."

Kissing him once more, you began to fall deeper in love with your amazing, handsome, and protective boyfriend.

March 25th, 2023