Chapter 9 (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"I thought you kn..."

Before I could finish, a loud slam echoed through the room.

He left.

My eyes closed in shock. I should have known.

Why would he ever marry me?

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN." My throat tightened with emotions.

Before I can think of something else, someone knocked on the door.

I take deep breaths to calm myself.

"It's open."

"Ishika..."

Abhiraj's mother comes towards me.

She caresses my head," Abhiraj came to me after the rituals ended... " I nod, trying to ignore the ache in my chest remembering what he said.

"We don't live here. This is his mansion. We wanted all the rituals to be done here that's why we shifted here for a week. And now he wants us to go back to our home. He likes to be alone.
I want you to tell somethings so you don't have any problem here."

An unknown fear gripped my heart. Living alone in this big place. WITH Him.

How will I Survive? How will this relationship survive?

"He is not ready for this relationship. I am trusting you with him. And I want you to work on this marriage. He is not going to give in, and maybe ignore you too. But don't give up, in the end, everything will be worth it."

And even after all those efforts if he doesn't give in, then divorce him?

That is what's going to happen with this marriage. My intuitions are never wrong.

"Why did you select me for your son? For someone else, it could have been easier, someone who is worthy of being his partner." My words break, tears welling as I realize what I have been put into.

I'll have to suffer every single day.

She stills for a moment, but quickly regains her posture, "It wasn't my choice to make. No one can fight against fate, whether you are happy with the plans or not. I am not happy, and neither is he, but this is only for some time. This marriage is the best decision for you both, doesn't matter who's happy with it and who's not."

I take a deep breath trying my best to hold back my tears.

I nod, "I don't know how will I do it, but I'll give my hundred percent to this marriage."

She gives me a satisfied look,
"Bring Ivaan here the day after tomorrow, until then you better get used to the place."

I give her a mild smile, silently agreeing with her demands.

So far this is the only best thing out of this marriage. Abhiraj's father was aware of Ivaan, they don't have any problem with him living with me.

She was about to leave the room but turns back, "And yeah I am sending Abhiraj to the room. He'll tell you to shift to some other room since it's his. But don't move out, from now on this is your room too. Don't give in to his unnecessary demand."

And the door closes.

My eyes well up. I am suddenly feeling too tired, exhausted.

I want to cry so bad. Soo bad.

My legs give up, making me slump on the floor.

My mind is all messed up.

*************************

Hii readers... I hope you people are going well.

Did you like the chapter?

Sorry for the short update, but am going through writer's block.

I guess this will go on for some time. So all your ideas are welcome to help me out with it.

Take care. 💕💕