4

Youin

I don't bother opening my eyes in this hell. I pretend I'm in the void, it's the only thing that can aid my dignity. Anyway...this cell is made with void magic. Magic...how disgusting. To think such mysticism was real; and for humans to get their hands on it?

I call them humans. They call themselves Atlanteans. The children of Youin. I wonder how fast they may amend that title when they find out I just sunk a city to see what would happen. To see if I could make humans adapt to my element. Not that I wanted then there, I didn't. In fact, I expected to fail. I thought they would all just perish. But alas...

Has anything gone my way in the past few thousand years?

What I wouldn't give to touch her again. Captain Moria. To see her soft, reluctant smile from under the brink of her captain's hat.

He's back again. The child. I call him a child but to human standards he appears to be full grown. He's a young man, impressionable. Weak, He sits next to me.

They bring me no water. There is a thirst in me I have never imagined.

"Tell me more of her," He asks, sitting a ways away from me.

I sigh, but oblige. I don't want to forget her. I need to keep my mind on her, so that the stream of time does not wash her away.

"She's the kind of person you want to tease. Rile her up until she's got a sword at your throat, those eyes gleaming with anger,"

The boy frowns. "That sounds frightening. Wouldn't you want a gentle woman?"

I scoff. "What on earth would a god need with a gentle woman? I like the wrath that is Captain Moira. She is callous, and mean. She's rough, which makes softening her all the more victorious."

I heave a sigh, and lean against the boundary of the spell. If I could access water, I could make her shape. If only to hug the shape of her.

"It sounds like...she's a novelty. Like...when you haven't experienced something so you long for it." He whispered, and I look up at him. Novelty? My Captain? Mere novelty? I would rip his bones out. I would pull his eyes from their sockets, I would dry out his entire being. But I can't. I can't do anything right now.

"My wife...is not like anything someone like you can understand. She is...above you. In every way. A god. She was born to be a goddess. It's why...ordinary beings cannot understand her."

He seems to take offense to my words, stalking away. I roll my eyes, and close them. I wonder if I can die? I can't access any of my godly power...what if they kill this mortal form? Will my soul go to the void or...

Or will I just perish?

Oh...is this mortality? I close my eyes. I am...nearly afraid. But wait...nonexistence. That's a thought. No more responsibility. No more thoughts. No more...

Simple no more. I can see the appeal.

"My, my, my."

Is it...possible? Maybe I'm finally beginning my descent into madness.

She materializes in front of me, an image of her. "What a fine mess you've gotten yourself into, water god."

I reach out, but my hand reflects off the magic wall. I clench my fist with a scoff. "You heard my message. My power...this balance forsaken circle...if you can get rid of it, I can leave."

She looks down at the circle. She's as gorgeous as the day I left her. And yet...her dimensions are not the same. She walks differently too.

"Why are you different?" I demand, looking at her water visage.

She scoffs. "This is not the time to ask stupid, stupid, silly questions, Youin. So you—"

The door creaks. "Dissipate quickly. Someone is coming. Come find me, get me out of here, my wife."

I'm thirstier than I was before she came here. My throat feels dry, my mouth parched, my hands empty. I'm hungry. I am hungering for something—for everything—I could sink my teeth into the world and I doubt I could be quenched.

I need to hold her again. To touch her again. To feel her, consume her. It will make this whole humiliating endeavor redeemable in my eyes. Oh...my teeth ache for the crux of her neck. The curve of her hips. They seem...different.

She is different. Her air...her scent. Something about her has shifted. Is that...not my Captain? But who else would've intercepted my message? Who would blaspheme me this way, to impersonate my Only. Mine.

No. It's not possible. She was her. Just...different.

I would say hee insulting me was a diversion but she does that anyway. I would've been suspicious if she didn't insult me at least once. I can still smile her...

I close my eyes and for the first time in a while I smile.