Chapter 59

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Seraphina did not find my letter joke amusing at all. She didn't say anything about it but I could tell that she wasn't amused with me at all by the look in her eyes. Pandora was also not in a good mood but apparently that was because Orion had work to do that kept him out of the castle for the day.

Pandora seemed to really enjoy annoying her husband when he was busy. When he was not here she couldn't do that so I could see why she would be annoyed. I would have been annoyed too if she wasn't here because who else would I annoy?

Draya was always an option but also not really an option. She had that look in her eyes that promised I would regret it if I tried to pull anything with her. Even so, I still went to her. I had nothing else to do, I didn't want to be around Seraphina and Kamili. People being in love was gross.

"Draya, I need something to do," I whined simply as I leaned on her. My head rested on her arm since she was sitting down in the library. I had kneeled next to her chair since she seemed preoccupied with her book.

"Go write or read," Draya said simply as she turned a page in her book. I pouted at that, moving my head so that it was blocking the book. She sighed and looked down at me, her reading glasses sliding down her face slightly. "You could try and escape, I know you like to do that," she said simply.

"I would if I could but I can't," I stated. "Seraphina has threatened to lock me in my room again and I can't go back to not working. I would go insane if I had nothing to do," I huffed.

"Well perhaps you could try being successful in your escape then?" Draya asked. Her words startled me and I sat up at that. Her words were kind of mean and I let her know that by pouting. I put my hand over my heart, attacking like I was wounded.

"Well damn, I see where your daughters got their bitchiness from," I muttered, standing up when she looked at me.

"Would you like to repeat that?" she asked quietly.

"Something tells me that I shouldn't," I said as I backed up a few steps, out of her reach. I did not want to earn a smack to the back of the head because it felt like that was what she was about to do.

"Well you said it so quietly. If you really meant it you would say it with your full chest and not mutter," Draya said as she looked back at her book. I crossed my arms over my chest as I pouted slightly.

"I see where your daughters got their bitchiness from," I said it slowly, deliberately making myself speak louder. "Is that loud enough for you?" I questioned.

Draya closed her book, peering over the edge of her reading glasses at me. That's when I knew I messed up and I quickly turned and ran. The guards that followed me sighed loudly before running after me. I ended up back in Seraphina's garden, sliding into a spot to hide behind her.

"Can I help you?" Seraphina asked simply, her hand moving to steady me when I nearly fell.

"I said you got your bitchiness from your mother and she gave me the look so I ran," I said simply.

"First of all, that was extremely rude to say. Second of all, I am not hiding you from my mother," Seraphina stated as she turned to look at Kamili who was trying to hide her smile behind her hand. "Don't encourage her," Seraphina huffed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You just sound like such an exasperated mother," Kamili laughed as she leaned back in her seat. Seraphina rested her face in the palm of her hand, letting out a small sigh of annoyance.

"So you'll hide me right?" I asked Seraphina, moving to stand beside her so that Draya wouldn't be able to see me if she walked by the door.

"Should I hide you? You were awfully rude to Kamili earlier," Seraphina said.

"She was not Sera, you are just embarrassed that she read my letter and is teasing you about it," Kamili rolled her eyes as she shook her head.

"Kamili, this is not how parenting works. We have to be united, not against each other," Seraphina stated.

"I always left the parenting stuff to you and Theron," Kamili shrugged.

"Well since you're a diplomat that means you're usually supposed to side with your queen," Seraphina said.

"Oh, you are pulling the queen rank right now?" Kamili asked. "After 20 years of a relationship you pull the queen rank?" she questioned. She leaned forward, their foreheads resting against each other. I could tell that she was amused by Seraphina's actions.

"No romance, hide me," I said as I put a hand on both of their heads and pushed their heads away from each other. Kamili chuckled softly as she gently removed my hand from her head, a small smile on her lips.

"You are absolutely adorable," Kamili said as she rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. I pouted slightly as I pulled my hand away, huffing as Seraphina pulled me onto her lap. Their combined actions made my head feel fuzzy and I didn't want to feel that way right now.

"No," I whined as I tried to squirm off of Seraphina's lap. She only tightened her grip on me as she pressed a kiss through her veil to the back of my head. "This is cheating, how dare you," I huffed as I tried to slide off her lap.

"My darling, you are so fussy," Seraphina cooed and my head felt even fuzzier as Kamili took my hand, holding it gently.

"This is not fair, you two are cheaters," I whined softly as I rested my head on Seraphina's shoulder as she gently moved her hand to cup my face. I huffed with a small pout as I gave in, just letting her hold me.