Confrontation

Confrontation.

Vector stands there smirking. “Since I won’t let you live after our fight I’ll go ahead and tell you where I’ve been.” Vector laughs hysterically and then grins at Frexien. Frexien stares blankly at him.

“So you’re actually going to try to kill me again?” Frexien says pretty smugly. Vector loses his smirk and frowns angrily.

“There you go again pissing me off.” Vector yells out angrily. “But it won’t matter soon since you’ll be dead.”

“You’re sounding a bit too confident.” Frexien tells him.

“Don’t give me that. I’ve been in secret training for days. Ever since that day where we fought.” Vector starts to explain.

“You mean the day you got knocked the hell out.” Frexien smirked.

“I’m going to enjoy beating your ass in a sec.” Vector says. “Anyways I went out of town in those 5 days. I didn’t wanna come back to the school to deal with you again so I dropped out and left. I ended up finding this place off in the mountains that was perfect for me. A day or two went by before this guy showed up pretty much forcing me to train with him. He explained a lot. I found out how to use life energy to my advantage without causing any problems. 5 days went by before I completed my training. I traveled back here with the intention of getting rid of you completely.” He stops and looks at Frexien with a determined look. He looks up at his hair with a confused look. “What’s that about?”

“Sorry what I stopped paying attention halfway through.” Frexien shakes his head quickly then blinks a few times. “You mean my hair? It’s what happened to the last guy that tried the same thing you’re trying.” Frexien replies jokingly. Roman chuckles a bit from the other side of the fire like wall.

“Wait what? I don’t think I understood that one.” Vector says with a dumb look on his face.

“Exactly.” Frexien tells him purposefully trying to confuse Vector by not making any sense. Apparently Roman fell for it too since he was laughing at it. “I used my life energy too. In my rage I realized something while using it.” There’s a slight pause before he says anything else. “I found a way to control it without having any repercussions after the fact. Pretty much what I’m saying is I learned to control it much faster than you did. Plus mine has cooler effects than yours.” Frexien finishes with a gloating voice. Vector looks at him with a shocked expression then looks at him angrily.

“I’m done taking your shit. Let’s go!” Vector dashes at Frexien and goes to punch him with a black flame.

“Oooh you never explained how you are able to use those black flames out of your life energy mode.” Frexien mocks Vector by lazily moving to the left dodging the punch.

“I got to use them because of my training. NOW SIT STILL SO I CAN HIT YOUR DUMB ASS!” Vector yells out. He continues to throw punches out at Frexien who is just merely moving out of the way.

“We’re doing this somewhere else if you don’t mind.” Frexien says in a sudden change in tone. He sounded more serious than before and then quickly vanished. Vector gets wide eyed and looks left and right for Frexien. Everyone blinks quickly while looking on from the other side of the barrier. Frexien was upside down over Vector’s head. Frexien looked down at him while Vector looked everywhere except up. Everyone was laughing behind the barrier. “Alright let’s go!”  Frexien yelled at him. He grabbed Vector by the shoulders then vanished instantly. The barrier that was keeping everyone blocked off dissipates slowly.

“Wonder where Frexien took Vector?” Roman asks everyone.

“Not too far. Maybe just outside. From what I can feel anyways.” Zero tells them. They all head out to the front of the hospital. When they reach the outside all they see is craters all over the place and some of them have smoke coming out of them.

“This is crazy it’s only been like two minutes and there’s already this amount of damage all over the place.” Sora says with an awe struck face.

“I think I’ve played with you long enough don’t ya think?” Frexien tells Vector who gets a scared expression. They both land hard on the ground creating a small crater where they stand. Vector is panting ridiculously hard while Frexien stands there barely breaking a sweat. Frexien thinks to himself. “Better end this quick. I don’t know how much longer I can hide how tired I am.”

 He points at Vector with his hands in a form of a gun and begins firing rapidly. Vector manages to dodge the first few shots but trips up a bit and gets ravaged by the seemingly endless rain of blasts. Frexien eventually stops his assault and looks at where Vector was. The smoke clears and there is a massive crater now on the spot. Frexien sees a figure slowly get up. He realizes that it’s Vector’s body and sees that black flames were slowly covering his body. Frexien quickly grew wide eyed then back to normal and vanished in an instant.

“Not this time Vector.” Frexien appeared in front of Vector’s body and punched him hard in the stomach knocking him out. Frexien let his body drop to the ground and only stared at it. His fangs changed back to normal but his hair still stayed black. “The more power I use the more normal I get again. Good to know.” Frexien drags Vector’s body to the side of the hospital and leaves him there. “I’m not gunna be nice like the last time.” He walks over to everyone and smiles. “Sorry about that. Things got a little out of hand.”

“That was amazing!” Roman yells out as he jumps on Frexien and puts him in a headlock.

“Hey now give the man room to breathe. He just won another battle, his body must be sore!” Nala yells at him as she removes Roman off of Frexien. They all laugh and walk towards the front.

“Hey guys it’s getting late. Why don’t you all head home? I’ll stay here and keep an eye on Karina alright?” Frexien tells the group.

“A..Are you sure?” Kira asks him. “What if he wakes up and tries to attack you again?”

“It’s okay. You guys might not have seen it but I actually knocked the magic out of him for a few hours. He won’t be bothering anyone for a long while.” Frexien laughs a bit.

“Well alright then if you say it’s okay. We’re gunna head home for the day then. Keep watch of everything.” Sora tells Frexien.

“Will do.” Frexien replies as he fist bumps Sora. They all head back towards their homes and Frexien walks back upstairs towards Karina’s room. He stops just in front of the door. He slowly reaches for the handle then opens the door.

“Frexien?” Karina’s soft voice calls out to him.

“Hey.... How ya feeling?” Frexien nervously asks her.

“Better actually.” Karina replies.

“I’m glad.” He walks over to the side of her bed. Karina’s eyes grow wide.

“What happened to your hair?” She asks him sounding surprised.

“It happened after…” He stops midsentence and remembers of what happened hours earlier. He sits down next to her with his head done. Tears began flowing down his face. “I’m sorry Karina.”

“Sorry? About what?” She asks him.

“About everything that has happened to you. It’s my fault you’re in here. If I hadn’t gotten careless you wouldn’t need to be here.” He tells her sounding really disappointed in himself. She puts her hand on his head.

“It’s okay Frexi, don’t blame yourself for this. It’s that mans fault for being so deviant. I forgive you so please don’t be sad.” Her kind words make Frexien feel better. He looks up at her and smiles. “There’s something I want to ask you.”

“What is it?” Frexien asks her with a smile.

“Well Uuhm you see.” She says in a low soft voice. She sits up and turns to look at him eye to eye.

“Y…yes?” Frexien says while blushing.

“Will you…” She tries to finish her sentence but she gets dizzy and falls over. Frexien catches her and holds her in his arms. They both blush heavily. “Be mine”