New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Frexien stares into Karina’s eyes and she stares back into his. They both blush heavily. There is a short pause before Frexien answers. Frexien’s hair shines slightly as it fades back to its normal silver color. Karina raises her hand and feels his hair.

“You finally look like the guy I fell for” Karina tells him with a soft kind voice.

“I….” Frexien is interrupted by someone crashing through the door.

“Frexien! You okay? I heard you got into another battle. This time with some guy named Vector?” Shadow sensei burst through sounding really concerned. He looks at Frexien who is still holding Karina. “Oh it seems I interrupted something important. Well… Uuhm…. Uuuhh… Continue?” Shadow sensei says sounding really confused as if he has no idea how to reply. “Mmm I’ll come back in at a better time then.” Shadow sensei says in an embarrassed tone. He walks back out of the room and shuts the door slowly. The room gets quiet again. Frexien looks at Karina with a smile.

“So are you going to say something?” Karina asks him in an adorable tone. Frexien blushes.

“I’ll be yours for as long as you want. I’ll follow you everywhere and make sure you are safe. I swear it on my life. You will not be hurt ever again.” Frexien tells her in a low voice while blushing. Karina smiles at him.

“Thank you.” Karina replies in a soft low voice. She slowly drifted off to sleep and gripped Frexien’s sleeve tightly. Frexien held her tighter and pulled her closer to himself.  A few minutes went by before Frexien also fell asleep with her in his arms. Hours went by before Shadow sensei came back into the room.

“Ha-ha oh the joys of being young and in love. Wouldn’t you agree Karen?” Shadow sensei says while crossing his arms looking at an empty corner. “You know it’s impolite to spy on people. You always did have a habit of doing that.”

“You always were the best at finding people Rayne.” Rai sensei slowly faded into color from the corner of the room.

“I thought you were done watching over him?” Shadow sensei asks her.

“I am. I left the palace a few hours ago. I’m just keeping watch over him now. Making sure he doesn’t get into too much trouble.” Rai sensei tells him. She looks over at him and smiles.

“So where were you when things got bad at the school?” Shadow questions her more.

“I was still following orders from him at the time. He was the one that told me to loosen the protection spells so that Damon could get in. I couldn’t stand watching that fight so I went straight to the palace and resigned my position. It wasn’t easy. In fact I’m a fugitive now. He put a bounty on me for ‘disobeying’ the King. It was really hard getting away but I managed.” Rai explained to Shadow.

“I see so that’s what happened. This all happened over a time span of a few hours? I’m impressed.” Shadow replies sounding really surprised. “So you’re just gunna stay in hiding for the rest of your life watching over him always on the run?”

“I don’t think this will be forever. I’m sure sometime soon the young Prince will confront the King about everything. After that I should be free again.” She smiles again at Shadow.

“Well then if he is going to do that I should train him a bit. If the king is doing all this just to get him back he might be faced with some stronger adversaries.” Shadow explains. He looks at Frexien and Karina sleeping on each other. “After today though, we gotta protect the both of them now. The enemy will be after the girl too to try and get to Frexien.”