Chapter 10

"We need a better plan, because we're not going to be as lucky as we have been." I say to no one in particular. Cole responds, "Lets start by boarding up the school, so no more tainted come in."

"Agreed," Sayler and I said in unison.

"So where did you get the stuff to board up the door?" I question.

Cole smirks, "Follow me", he walks down the hall and into a classroom. We all follow right behind him. When we walk in most of the desks and tables legs were taken off, leaving the desktop by itself.

"I thought we could use these to board up the windows and doors." Cole says as he walks over to his project he has got going. "Impressive", I say quietly, "how'd you do all of this?"

He simply lifts up a saw and blow torch, and smirks. Cole starts the play with the torch, like he's revving up a motorcycle. I laugh, "Okay Pyro, let's do this!" All of us pitch in to take apart the rest of the tables and desks. Cole curses out loud, the inside of his hand was scorched. He takes off his backpack and searches through it. He pulls out a bandage and wraps up his hand.

"Of course that's all you need Cole." Sayler smirks. He nods and laughs. Cole was the kind of guy who always gets injured, but doesn't care.

"Kat and I will board up the South side, and you guys get the North." I pick up a couple of desktops, and Kat grabs some poles.

"Wait!" Cole runs up to me, and throws me a bag of zip ties. I raise my eyebrow. He laughs, "Have faith in the zip ties", he runs off.

I shake my head and walk to the South end. We both set down our supplies and look at the set of doors. "Cole's smart", Kat smiles.

I raise my eyebrow, still very confused. She grabs the zip ties and fasten the poles around the handles. She frowns and steps back, looking at the door windows.

"Oh but you're smarter. Aren't you?" I laugh. She smirks and sits down. Kat lays the poles down so it looks like a checkerboard. She zip ties the poles together and stands up to admire her work. She goes down any makes another one. Kat picks up one, and I pick up the other one. That's mostly what I do, follow her, she's smart.

"Hold yours up on the outside." She says.

I laugh, "Sure put me on the dangerous outside." I go outside. She holds her up on the inside and I hold mine up on the outside. We zip tie them together so they stay.

"Wow I agree with Cole, have faith in the zip ties.", I laugh. We take another hour to board up the rest. As I go up to board up the last window, I see the sun setting.