CHAPTER 35 : Betraying Aless.

Start from the beginning

He nodded "But happiness in my life is temporary."

"Enjoy it then till it is there." I moved away "I'll go check your schedule for the day."

I was about to leave when he spoke "Keep lunchtime free."

I turned back with furrowed brows "Are you taking me out for lunch?"

He smiled walking out of the room "Something like that."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sat with a fake smile plastered on my lips, cursing Aless mentally. I had to keep an ear to ear smile though I didn't like the date.

"And you remember the person who we fooled while we were in France?" Bianca said in excitement.

I don't wanna know what you did in France.

Aless chuckled.

A man came to take our orders, Aless turned his attention to me and I glared at him. He was just enjoying my situation.

He knows very well I don't like Bianca still he is doing this to me.

Bianca ordered for herself and Aless ordered for him and me.

"Do you remember our trip to Paris?" Bianca spoke again.

I turned my attention to Aless, who was listening to Bianca but his eyes were from time to time landing on me with a teasing smile on his lips like he was having fun.

And Bianca continued blabbering, I don't know what about because after the Paris thing I wasn't paying attention to their conversation.

The waiter arrived with our orders and placed a plate in front of me. I stared at the dish for a minute or two.

Fuck, no!

It's a steak.

I still don't know how to slice a steak. I mean I never had the need to do it. In 6 years I never had a steak and while we were together Aless used to slice it for me.

I looked at Aless, to find him already slicing his steak while Bianca was having her salad, talking to Aless.

You can do it Ari, there is nothing you can't and it's just a steak.

This is going to be embarrassing.

I tried slicing the steak but I didn't know slicing steak was this difficult. And I fucked up again. I did slice the steak into pieces but they were neither equal nor clean.

Jesus! I can't even slice a steak. I need genuine help in my life.

"Excuse me, I need to use the washroom." Bianca excused herself.

I was about to have my steak when my plate was picked up. I looked beside me. Aless placed his plate in front of me while he adjusted my plate in front of him.

"W-What a-?" I stopped. I didn't complete my sentence. I knew what he was doing.

"You still haven't learned to slice a steak in six years."

I bit my lips feeling embarrassed.

"I'm glad atleast you still need me for something."

I turned my face to him with brows furrowed.

Does he think I only need him for slicing the steak?

He continued eating his food, not even trying to process what he just said.

Why do I want to forgive him? Why do I feel like he can't kill Sebastian? He loves me, he promised me he wouldn't hurt Sebastian.

It was him who said he has kept Sebastian alive for me. Then what happened all of a sudden that he had to break his promise.