CHAPTER 23 : "Dad."

CHAPTER 23

ARIANA LINCOLN

The doorbell rang. I went to open it and as I opened the door a man stood wearing a helmet "Yes?" I asked.

He pushed me inside, closing the door "What the hell! Who are you?!"

He took off his helmet revealing the face I hate the most in this world now... Alessandro D'Angelo. He wore a black tee with black pair of jeans, hair all messy.

"Get out." I ordered angrily.

He just smirked and rested the helmet on the nearby stand.

"You look hot." He commented scanning my body from top to bottom. I was wearing a black spaghetti with printed shorts.

Jesus!

"Alessandro get out right now, or-"

Without letting me complete the sentence he moved closer to me making me move back trying to make a proper distance from him but he closed the distance between us and rested both his hands on the wall on either side of me.

"Or what... Ari?"

"I-" He brought his face closer to me.

"You?"

My breath hitched. His lips were almost touching mine.

Shit! No!

I hate him.

I fucking hate him.

What am I doing?

I pushed him back and turned my back towards him "Why are you here?"

I felt his hot breath on my neck, he whispered "One to see Ian and two to take you to Sicily with me."

I turned towards him "Look, I am taking the job you offered because I don't see a way out from your dirty plan."

He sighed, with that annoying smirk he leaned against the opposite wall with his arms crossed over his chest "I would call that a wise decision."

"Shut up!"

He chuckled once "Let me remind you something, if you start working for me this behaviour of yours is going to get you in trouble Ms. Lincoln."

"In office you'll be my boss but not outside. Outside the office you'll always be the person I hate the most in this world."

"Can we continue the conversation you started earlier and not fight over the same thing again?"

I nodded "Sure. I am ready to work for you but no I ain't going to stay somewhere you have chosen for me. Rather I would prefer staying on the streets."

"I don't mind you staying on the streets but I wouldn't let my son suffer just because his mother is immature."

"Standing up for yourself isn't being immature."

"It is, if a child is gonna suffer because of your immaturity. That apartment will be perfect for the two of you, you'll be safe too."

"I think I am very much capable of thinking about my safety, for the past six years I have been taking care of myself and Ian and we are alive."

"It's just a house, Ari. Stop being stubborn."

"Maybe it's 'just a house' for you but it's not for me."

"Mommy?" Ian's voice came from the room. I looked in the direction of the room and he was already looking at both of us, rubbing his eyes.

"Ian go inside." I said strictly.