CHAPTER 24 : His Personal Assistant

CHAPTER 24

ARIANA LINCOLN

I checked myself in the mirror, for the last time, my usual look. Since I left Sicily six years ago I just wear casual outfits, not because of Alessandro or something, it's just that I don't feel like dressing up.

I wore black pants with a black full sleeve crop top and a long jacket. I tied my hair into a loose bun and the last one my glasses.

My eyes scanned the mirror from top to bottom at my own self, I feel like I am back to 9 years ago when I had a shitty life, I didn't even meet Alessandro.

I had an abusive father, a good friend and a horrible life.

Shrugging off all my thoughts, I made my way to the kitchen to prepare something tasty for Ian. While I was cooking, my phone rang. I looked at the id, it was Alessandro. Rolling my eyes I picked up the call.

"What?" I answered.

"Why do you sound so angry?"

"I am. Because I am talking to you now."

"Thank you, I am glad to hear that."

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. What are you doing?"

"Cooking."

"Cooking? Why?"

"What do you mean why? I don't want my son to starve."

"I didn't mean that. I meant Charlotte is there to cook him food, she'll be at your place within minutes why are you doing it?"

"Charlotte will just cook him lunch and will look after him while I am gone. I am here now and I am very much capable of taking care of him."

"Christ! Why are you so stubborn? I am trying to help you, Ari."

"I don't want your help. I don't want any fucking thing from you, the job I am doing is for my son because I have no one else to offer me job."

"Ari, if you keep talking to me like that I'll quit trying."

"Then quit it. I haven't asked you to try. Let me live the way I was leading my life."

"I don't want our son to lead a normal life while his father gets all the luxury." He stressed on the word 'our son'. Clearly, he was angry because the previous times I said 'my son'.

"He is-"

"Is it Dad?" Ian's voice came from behind.

I turned around to find him running towards me, he stood in front of me stretching his arms upward for me to hand him the phone.

Jesus!

I handed the phone to him, he switched the speaker on and I picked him up in my arms making my way towards the stool to sit him.

"Dad!" He spoke all excited.

"Hey buddy! You awake already?"

"Yep! It's my first day at school! I am super excited."

"Ah right! It's your first day, how about I take you to school?"

"Really?" Ian almost screamed in excitement.

"No." I replied at the same time.

Ian looked at me with puppy eyes "Mommy, please."

"No. People cannot know about Alessandro. That he is your father."

"But why Mommy? He is Dad."

"I said no Ian. No one can know about him. You cannot tell anyone about him. That's it." I scolded.