Fuck she's right.

"No, you're right."

"Exactly! And," she smirks as her tone gets song like, "Davey seems really into you!"

"Yeah he's a nice guy, I like him," I tuck my hair behind my ears as the line moves forward a few steps, "I think."

"You think?"

I take a deep breath.

"I don't know, never mind. Forget I said anything." I shake my head. My brain feels fuzzy, I don't know what I think anymore.

"Share with the class, Kenny," Mal pokes my arm. I roll my eyes at her, she's such a weirdo, I love it.

"Okay, so Davey's great, he's sweet, cute and whatever but he's not Jamie."

"What the hell is it about this kid, Kendall?" She shifts so she's leaning against the wall on her shoulder and her arms are crossed over her chest as she looks over at me, "I thought it was just some silly crush."

"So did I," I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest, copying her stance, "I thought we'd have our fun over the summer and move on, but god I still want him. But I know it won't work. He's in LA and I'm here."

I can't get myself to shut up, "But with Davey it can work, he's just in the city, I can take the train to see him and visa versa. And-"

"But are you going to be happy with him?" She cuts me off.

"I've been pretty happy tonight, right?" I shrug. And I have, we had so much fun at the game. I've never had a bad moment with Davey, he's always been sweet, even back in high school. He's always had those sweet boy next door vibes.

Plus he's barley left my side tonight, which has been nice in these small crowded houses. This is actually one of the few moments Mal and I have had without the boys tonight.

"Okay but you can't just lead Davey on if you're not really in it, he has feelings too."

I groan, letting my head fall back against the wall and I turn away from her, facing the other side of the hallway, "I know."

"Fuck," I groan then turn to look at Mal again, "Then what should I do?"

"I have absolutely no clue," she sighs, "You really got yourself in a pickle, Kenny."

"Gee thanks," I scoff.

-

"Thank you for showing me the college life," I smile as Davey pulls up to my house.

I told him I'd just take the last train home but he insisted on driving me. He said he had to be home for a family thing tomorrow anyway so why not just do the drive tonight and sleep in. Plus he hadn't drank all night so I trusted him to drive.

Davey's always been the sober guy in our group, even in high school he never drank or did drugs but he still loved to party and be with everyone. I don't know why he doesn't but it was nice to always have a DD.

"You're welcome any time," he smiles over at me as he puts the car in park in my driveway.

"If Mal and Finny keep things going after tonight, I'll probably be there a lot," I laugh.

"They were like animals!" He laughs.

"Literally! You'd think they'd been dating for years!"

Our laughter fills the car for a second before we both relax.

"I have to head to bed," I sigh looking over at him as I unclick my seatbelt, "Let me know when you get home?"

"Will do," he smiles, "Goodnight, Kendall."

Fuck it.

I lean over the center of the car and kiss his cheek.

"Night, Davey," I smile, slowly turning to push the door open but I don't get too far before his hand comes under my chin and pulls me back to him.

I'm a bit taken off guard at first but I don't hate it. I kiss him back, but it's just okay. It's not like when...Kendall! No! Stop it!

I break the kiss, "I really have to go."

I'm already pulling away and pushing the door open before he can respond.

"Goodnight," he says as I slip out of the car.

"Goodnight," I smile at him before I shut the door and quickly head inside.

Once I'm in the house, I'm leaning against the front door contemplating everything that just happened when I hear a loud crash from the basement.

I lift my phone up in my hand, it's almost two am, who the hell is up right now? Wait maybe Grif caught another flight!

I make my way over to the basement door and pull it open.

"Hello?" I call out.