3;

The two exchanged each other's phone numbers as they found each other rather interesting and would love to chat in a different circumstance sometimes.

Looking at his watch that displayed that it was already 3 PM, Taehyun quickly clocked in as his shift just started and he immediately proceeded with his usual tasks as a cashier. Something he loathed quite a lot.

If Taehyun had a lot of money, Taehyun would never choose to work retail.

He found his shift rather draining with the usual karens and dense customers who kept asking for a discount even if it was something out of his capabilities as a regular cashier.

Even though the pay was horrible, a boy has to do what he has to do to eat, since his mother couldn't support him financially due to her minimum wage.

So that's why the boy was entirely grateful to have met somebody like Taehyung. The man was one of the few customers that made his job worth trying.

As Taehyun continued to tend to the shoppers, in the corner of his eye, he could make out a group of friends entering the bookstore.

Realising that they looked quite similar, Taehyun squinted to make out the boy who's hair was bouncing with every step he took.

With wide eyes, Taehyun immediately dropped down and took cover under his cashier, avoiding eye contact with any of them the moment he realised who they were.

It was Beomgyu, Yeonjun and their friends.

He could not let them see him in this attire, especially when it could ruin his reputation. Not like he has one anyway. Just imagine, "poor cashier boy crushes on a high class, rich, good looking, popular boy"

It would be embarrassing!

"Guys go ahead I wanna check out this aisle first" he heard one of the boys speak and he could already tell by the voice that it was Beomgyu.

Hearing them all drift apart from where they used to be, Taehyun slowly stood up and made sure the coast was clear.

Exhaling a breath of relief, he immediately jumped shortly after when a voice spoke to him.

"We're not going to eat you, y'know" there stood Beomgyu with a grin, noticing Taehyun gripping his chest as he attempted to ease his mini heart attack, causing the ravenette to chuckle.

"And hello to you too!"

Beomgyu just chuckled at Taehyun's flustered state, unknowingly staring at the boy who started to shift uncomfortably in his position due to the pair of eyes looking him up and down.

"So, Taehyun, isn't it? Why were you hiding, hm?"

"I w-wasn't hiding! I was just..." Taehyun quickly thought of an excuse, a rather lame one.

"Bending down to get a pen I dropped!"

"Sure you were.." Beomgyu continued to tease the younger.

"Anywho I'm looking for a book suitable to give a crush on their birthday.. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?"

"A-A crush? Your crush? Who might that be? Haha... Not that you have to tell me. But you can! But you don't have to!" The redhead just kept rambling.

Beomgyu, despite the author getting secondhand embarrassment, laughed at how Taehyun continued to ramble.

He found that rather endearing about Taehyun. How conscious the redhead was with everything he says and does, scared to say or do the wrong thing.

"Don't worry Taehyun, I'll tell you but you have to promise not to tell anyone" Beomgyu said as he slowly neared Taehyun's ear.

"I promise"