1;

Peace;

That was what Taehyun felt whenever he admired Beomgyu from afar.

Calmness and serenity settled within him whenever he saw the ravenette break into laughter or just whenever he shined his beautiful smile.

Taehyun was currently eating lunch in the cafeteria, eyes glued on a certain ravenette as always.

"That was so stupid, oh my god!" He heard Beomgyu's distinct voice say before it erupted into laughter once again.

The reason for the laughter being the one and only, Yeonjun, a friend of Beomgyu's.

Yeonjun was everything Taehyun wished to be. He's the top of his class, the IT boy in his year— no scratch that, the IT boy in the whole school, the highest ranked athlete who could practically play any sport, and also the highest ranked student in every academical record there is in the school.

Don't get Taehyun wrong, he doesn't hate Yeonjun. In fact, he adores the elder. Yeonjun was like a role model to Taehyun.

Taehyun was just jealous, you could say. Jealous of the fact that his crush likes Yeonjun.

Has Beomgyu ever told anyone that he likes Yeonjun? No, he has never.

But Taehyun didn't need to pry it out of him to know that he has feelings for Yeonjun.

The way Beomgyu would look at Yeonjun whenever he speaks, eyes filled with so much adoration— it says it all.

The way Beomgyu would sneakily cling onto Yeonjun as they strolled the school hallways together, Taehyun notices it.

And it always made Taehyun wonder how nice it would feel to be in Yeonjun's place. The thought always brought a smile to his face but he'd always get slapped by reality later on.

Taehyun was quite literally a nobody to Beomgyu.

It was the harsh truth that he had to accept no matter how much it stung.

Looking at his watch to distract himself from his self loathe, it showed that it was already 11 AM, meaning that lunch break was over and that he needed to get to class.

Groaning, Taehyun stood up from where he sat and threw whatever trash he had before catching a glimpse of Beomgyu leaving the cafeteria along with Yeonjun and his friends.

11 had always been his least favourite number and for a reason. He hated the fact that he only got an hour in total to admire Beomgyu whereas Yeonjun got almost an entire day. But then again, he reminded himself of his position and where he stood.

Thankfully, Taehyun's negative train of thoughts got interrupted when a loud, cheery voice called out to him.

"HYUN-AH!!!!!" a certain blonde male shouted, startling Taehyun who immediately turned to look at the source of the voice.

There stood his best friend with a wide grin, proud that he startled the redhead.

"Oh, Hyuka!! You scared the shit out of me!" Taehyun sulkily smacked his best friend, Hueningkai, who sent a dramatic pout his way.

"Abuser" Hueningkai muttered with the pout still evident on his face, earning an eye roll from the elder.

"Anyway, how are things with you and Beomgyu—" Taehyun immediately spat out the juice box that he had been holding on to before glaring at the younger who started giggling.

"What kind of question is that?!"

Hueningkai could only laugh hysterically and it was not dying down anytime soon, annoying Taehyun who tinted red at his own reaction.