bruises on bruises

Start from the beginning

"Why thank you it felt wrong wearing a Spanish shirt but then again with the English shirt it felt wrong" she said.

"it's okay i understand you don't have to explain it to me" i said.

"and that goal you dominated the pitch you should have heard the players families my god it was electric there all so nice as well especially Leah's family I'm getting along with her grandma such a nice women" she said and i laughed.

"I'm glad you're getting along with everyone don't be telling to many stories to them though i need a reputation to withhold you know" i said and she laugh loudly.

"oh, it's not that bad but they have being telling stories to about Leah" she said.

"oh, really well you'll have to tell me the stories" i said.

"Hmmm maybe also have to see the picture that we put on the WhatsApp is it called i don't know this English things" she said.

"Which group and yes WhatsApp" i said.

"It is the one with all the parents and players the really big one" she said.

"no i haven't I've been asleep and my phone has been on silent since before the game but I'll have a look what is it" i asked.

"you'll have to find out its something to remind you of how proud we all are of you and a bit more" she said.

"Right okay I'll have a look" i said.

"Okay darling i best be off let you sleep my love" she said.

"Okay I'll talk to you seen okay tell grandad i love him" i said.

"i have been listening darling i love you to" he said.

"oh of course okay well talk soon love you both" i said.

"Love you to" they said and i hung up i put my phone down on the table and saw that all three girls were staring at me.

"what" i asked.

"Your Spanish" Lucy said and i raised my eyebrows

"yes" i asked.

"it's like cool" she said and i laughed.

"You really that gobsmacked on the fact i speak Spanish" i said and they nodded.

"You gotta look at the photo" Leah said nudging me.

"You all seen it" i asked.

"Yeh the entire team was talking about it whilst you were dreaming" Keira said.

i pulled up my group chat and there were 2 pictures one of my grandparent and my brother and then all the families and in both they were holding an England shirt i zoomed in on the picture and it had the name on it with a pitch underneath.

'Alba Lucia Segura'

my breathe hitched in my throat when i saw the name and photo.

"it's nice what they did" Leah said and i nodded.

"yeah" i said with tears in my eyes.

"So that's your mum" Lucy said.

"yeah" i said.

"You are her twin kid" Lucy said.

"yeh I'm glad" i said.

"What was she like you never talk about her" Keira asked.

"she was the nicest women in the world but also strict, she was not a people pleaser at all didn't care what people thought of how she parented us because she was so childish with us played with us until we begged her to leave and she had boundaries like we had to speak Spanish at home she wanted us to embrace our heritage and then she wanted us to play a sport and an instrument wanted what was best for us" i said looking at the photo that was on the shirt which was the last photo we every took together which was me and her at football training the day she died.

"She sounded great" Lucy said.

"yeah she would have love you all especially Sarina she would have loved Sarina to death" i said.

"Wait why" Leah said.

""well, your all so passionate with the things you loved and with Sarina i think its i don't know Sarina just reminds me a lot of her which is why they'd get along so well i don't know" i said shrugging.

"yeah, that makes sense i guess when Sarina gets involved in the stuff we do reminds you of you and your mum" Leah said.

"Yea i guess so" i said.

we were back at the hotel and i made my way up to my room and i went into my room not realising someone had followed me in. i put my stuff on the side of my bed and i looked at saw Leah was stood there.

"you're in the wrong room babe" i said.

she rolled her eyes and went and laid on my bed.

"I'm staying with you tonight."

"Are you now" i said taking of my clothes and putting some shorts on.

"Yeh i miss being in your arms" she said who started to take her clothes off.

"Fair enough" i said and fell into bed and then Leah flopped onto my chest and i gave her a kiss, i pulled her hair tie out of her hair put it on my dresser and turned off the lights.

"Night babe" i said.

"Night love" she said.