"So? Are you really dating someone?" Sky then asked making me pause, am I even dating Phayu?

Thinking back, he did confess but I never answered back. Also, he's being too suspicious lately and I still have to know who he really is.

"N-not yet. Hey, do you remember Venice?" I asked, hoping it would ring a bell.

"Venice... Venice... Italy?" Sky answered making me roll my eyes for the second time.

"No, I mean Venice-Venice. Like a person named Venice." I cleared as he went silent for a while.

"Ah! Yeah, I remember you had a friend named Venice." He suddenly said as my brows furrowed.

"What do you mean I had a friend?" I asked since I can't remember what he's talking about.

The only friend I had since high school is Sky. It's impossible for me to forget a friend I once had since I only had a few.

"Well, you said he was your friend. I never actually met him though. Remember that day you got late and came in with a bruise in your hand? You said you helped a friend run away from bullies. I got jealous that time and you said you'd introduce us both but it never happened." Sky recalled and I slowly remembered what he was talking about.

"Why didn't you meet? Did something happen?" I asked since everything's still a total blur to me.

"Ugh, you and that brain of yours. The bullies got back on you and beat you up. You got confined for two weeks and when we went out to look for that Venice guy, the principal at his school said he left for the U.S. You really don't remember?"

..

Venice. That's right. I now understand why I can't remember him because he looks nothing like the Venice I knew. The guy I saved from the bullies wore a thick pair of glasses, braces, and his bangs covered his face. Phayu looks nothing like his old self and this makes me even more confused. Venice just left after that incident and I never saw him again. Why didn't he tell me who he was in the first place? Or is he the one who forgot me?

"Ugh, Phayu! Stop playing with me!" I grunted as I laid on the bed.

I need to see him. I have to ask him or I might go crazy.

I grabbed my phone and was about to call Phayu when in suddenly rang, our branch supervisor Jared. He's not the type to call on weekends unless it's an emergency or something that has to do with the employees.

"Hello sir." I greeted when I answered.

"Rain! Mr. Smith is inviting us to attend his restaurant's grand opening." He said on the other line.

Mr. Smith is a long-term client of Air Bank even before I was hired. I never met him personally but the manager takes great care and priority for his deposits, transfers, and majority of his transactions. I also checked his account out of curiosity and he had a current loan amounting to seventy million. I've been meaning to meet him in person and this is a rare chance.

"Okay sir. I'll call Dion and the others." I said, feeling excited.

"No need, I already called them before calling you. I'm actually on my way to your place, just had some errands. I can pick you up." He suggested on the other line making me panic.

"Y-you don't have to sir—"

"Too late. I'm already at the parking lot haha. Get ready, I'll wait for you." Jared suddenly said leaving me no choice.

..

Walking down the building and to the parking lot, I immediately saw Jared's car. I spent almost twenty minutes and I feel embarrassed for making him wait.