73) Kamasutra

🦋

It has been her problem since she was a child. Her tongue and thoughts always ran so fast as if they were in a race.

Aadya knew she was wrong to burst out in anger in front of everyone but the part of her which has always known to be free and confident could not behold the slightest injustice to anyone.

Aadya knew it was an inheritance.

Her mother, Amoha who does not carry a surname had always carried that pride, that power, an assurance to every weak and needy.

In her seven years of life with her mother Aadya had clearly learnt all these qualities from her.

Maybe the learning of pride and utter need of respect started when she was in her mother's womb.

Though Amoha had an innocent face just like Aadya, she was a very prideful woman.

She would have called out her husband just like Aadya did today in the conference room if her papa had done something like what Rudra did.

But the only difference was her father would never have done anything like that. He never thought of any woman, any human lesser than him or someone else.

Then why was her sugar like this?

Aadya feels she is the luckiest woman to get loved by him so truly but in the second moment a hiccup comes, telling her that the man who loves her so much actually loathes a group of women without any reason.

He is nothing but a misogynist, a thought, a characteristic she loathes from the bottom of her heart.

Sitting outside the conference room on the wooden bench she was breathing heavily, not in pain but in anger.

Her tears had dried, even if she forgives him now she will never be able to forget the look in his eyes for her.

Never.

"Do you need water,"her trail of thoughts withered by a soft whisper.

It was her mother in law, after pulling her away from Rudra she had brought her out of the conference room and was sitting with her on the wooden bench silently for the last ten minutes.

Without saying a word she was observing Aadya.

"No," Aadya whispered, wiping a last trail of tear from her cheek with the back of her hand.

The thing that he hurted her in front of everyone was hurting her more. He was looking at her with so much anger.. it was making her heart pain.

"Please forgive him, don't hate my son. He loves you and he can not endure hate in your eyes for him," Rukmani said, her soft voice carrying that concern for her son.

Whoever he was, however he was, he was her son at the end of the day.

Her words made Aadya frown. She was not expecting those words from her mother in law,"Your son was openly doing partiality to the woman like us and you are still taking his side, worrying about him but not telling him how wrong he was," Aadya asked.

It's always the parents and the environment.

Kids are nothing but a handful of wet soil, their thoughts, their choices of life and people are the outcome of the kind of environment they belong to and the parents who ignore all their mistakes.

If only Rudra's mother had taught him the right values of life he would not have become what he is today. A big misogynist.

More than his father it was his mother's mistake because even knowing how wrong her husband and her son were she always chose to ignore their mistakes.