Volume 1.3: The world is dark red.

Beginne am Anfang

An Ayanokōji who remains quiet and four upper corners of the room, each with a surveillance camera.

Interesting, there is more to this school than I thought.

Everyone became quiet again after the words of our class teacher.

We underestimate him and his abilities? In what way?

It should be different, we overestimated him too much.

Who would have thought that such a strong boy would still be so weak in school?

The bell rang and the teacher left the room with a smile.

"Please listen to me for a moment! Since this was an easy test, according to Chabashira, I think we should form study groups! There are many who were just so average, so they are also in higher danger of failing the midterms! I have a request for five people, Kushida, Horikita, Yukimura, Mei-Yu, and Ayanokōji. I would like you to teach the academically weaker students."

I have no problem teaching people, but why Ayanokōji? He's pretty weak in school, isn't he?

"Ayanokōji? Isn't he pretty stupid? I mean, wouldn't his students go stupid if he irradiated them with his 18 points?"

It doesn't get any dumber than you, Yamaguchi. You have too long a tongue for just 48 points.

"You underestimate him too much."

Koenji decided to get involved too.

"Underestimate?"

When Koenji delivered his short words, he and many others decided to leave the classroom.

Underestimate...

"Ayanokōji, shall we have lunch together?"

"Sure, wait a minute, I'm still packing my things."

Food trap.

We reached the cafeteria and sat down.

"Are you sure I'm allowed to choose this expensive dish at your expense?"

"Of course, can't I buy a friend a drink?"

Calling him a friend disgusts me to no end.

"Oke?"

He took the first bite of food.

"I want you to put maximum effort into the next test."

"Huh? Can't I choose my own time off?"

"You ate, right? It was expensive, wasn't it?"

"Uh...Okay I'll make an effort."

It's way too easy to manipulate him.

I'm surprised how people can still fall for that.

Even the worst manipulators won't fall for something so easy.

"But I have one tiny condition."

"Huh? Which one?"

"Don't try to manipulate me with such bad tricks, I saw through it the second you invited me to dinner. I don't want to go against you, so please refrain from such things. You spent money on something that was already free."

How far did he see this coming? Or...Don't tell me he's doing all this on purpose to lose attention....

A person can get away with more if you don't notice so much about him.

"I just wanted to have a confirmation that you can really show your true abilities for once."

"You'll never get to see them."

"Well then, I want you to pay me back the money."

"Why should I?"

"It would be scam."

"Not really, I recorded everything, even the part where you said you insisted on paying."

"W-what?!"

Did he anticipate and manipulate me this far?

I messed with a lion before I could even defeat a cat.

Kiyotaka POV:

I merely wonder what she was trying to accomplish.

"Tell Horikita, do you want something from me?"

"I've already made my request."

"Show me something realistic."

"Then I want you to get at least 80 points in the next two exams, per subject."

"Hmm? Do you think I'm capable of that? If I can do it, I want you to make a wish and follow it without any resistance."

People like Yamuchi or Ike would use it as an opportunity for sex, but I have other plans.

"Deal, as long as it's in my power!"

"Remember one thing Horikita, this conversation is being recorded."

Her hands are shaking.

She left the cafeteria and probably went back to her room.

Shortly after I finished eating, I decided to do the same.

Hirata will probably tell me tonight who I will be teaching.

Hasebe, Miyaki, Matushita, Yukimura, Sakura

Interesting team he gave me.