2 || First Encounter

I towel dry my hair before the pleasantly steamy mirror. My reflection is blurred, just revealing flushed peach-colour skin and dark, damp hair. I tucked the scale into the corner before showering, and it glowers at me from its shiny chrome plating.

I'm ninety pounds today, which is an "improvement" from last week.

The door shudders beneath a barrage of energetic knocking. I still.

"Yes?" I ask, sounding scared; I hate sounding scared. I draw myself up to my full height and glare at the mirror.

"You're in my bathroom." The undeniably male voice says from the hallway. I remember it from when he wouldn't stop talking to his brother during move-in.

"I'm not interested in pranks," I say, even though I know it's his bathroom too. Maybe he doesn't know yet.

"This is my bathroom. I have the key. I was assigned this." Adorably confused. I hear the shh of his t-shirt against the painted door and he slides to the floor as if to wait me out. That's vaguely terrifying.

"So. Was. I." I say, firmly. He laughs; it's a nice, rough-soft sound.

"Look, all I want to do is have a shower."

"How about you check your welcome packet again." I don't know why I say it, just so he knows it's mine too. Just so he leaves. I should have brought a hoodie, I don't want him to see me in my robe.

I don't want him to see me at all.