Part 10

Time skip, LB's PoV

"Pound it!" The two of us smiled at eachother, proud of our work. I was panting ever-so-slightly, but Chat Noir looked just as perfect as ever. I blinked at the thought that passed through my mind, pushing it away with a shake of my head. I can't be thinking things like that, not when I haven't told him my situation.

"So, Bugaboo... anything new lately?" The blond says with a smirk while wiggling his eyebrows. Clearly he had forgotten I was in a hurry. While I knew I hadn't spent much time with him lately, I couldn't do this right now. His words made me want to tell him even more, but it wasn't the right time yet.

My face contorted for a moment and I swallowed nervously, hands hanging by my sides with a slight tremor to them. "Look, uh—" I paused, not being able to meet his eyes, "I don't really have the time for this right now, could I maybe put you on hold?" My gloved hands rubbed at my legs now, head bowed deeply. I'm sorry, Chaton, I thought to myself, soon enough.

"O-oh— Yeah, yeah, of course! I'll just uhm," I could feel his eyes on me, watching my every move, "I'll..see you later then." His voice hitches, and he clears his throat before taking a running start and skipping across the Parisian rooftops. I breathe a deep breath, a tinge of guilt racking over me, barely containing a sob. I knew I was causing the relationship between us to sour, but I had more important things to deal with.

A ringing tone comes from my yo-yo as I sulk into an alleyway, and I press the screen to stop the alarm. It had only been an hour since I left Alya but I couldn't help but feel horrible for it. She hadn't exactly taken the news very well. Her initial reaction was to laugh loudly and hysterically, commenting how her best friend being pregnant couldn't possibly be true. Then, when I couldn't look her in the face, her next reaction was anger, disbelief. "Tikki, spots off." I spoke softly, as if afraid of my own voice.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes dry before walking back home, trying to contain myself before reaching the trap door to my bedroom, pushing it open to reveal a nervous looking Alya sitting on my chaise. Her eyes dart to meet mine before she stands and clutches me in a soul crushing hug. Then, I let it all out, being unable to contain the stress and emotion any longer. I couldn't believe I had kept this information from her for so long, and on top of that, told Adrien before my own best friend.

Through sobs I tried apologizing, wiping my nose in an attempt to keep snot off Alya's clothes. "Shut up! It's fine." Alya smacks my back lightly, leaving a light stinging feeling, sniffling as well before pulling away, eyes red and swollen. "I'm sorry for reacting like I did— I just-" Her lip trembles as she speaks, "It was just hard for me to grasp, that's all..." There was a long pause between the two of us before we both start laughing tearily. "Cmon," Alya urges, taking my hand and pulling me onto the chaise to sit together with her. "If you don't want to talk about it right now, I understand, but eventually I'm going to have to find out."

Here goes, I thought. Clearing my throat and taking a breather one last time, I placed my hands firmly in my lap, picking at my cuticles. "I can't tell you who the dad is right now..." She wouldn't believe a word I was saying if I told her I let the Chat Noir...do me. I glanced up to see Alya's expression, who had knit her eyebrows together but nodded understandingly. It was clear she was itching to know more, so I continued.

"Do you remember that akuma that made us profess our love? It happened that night. I wasn't affected by the magic, but he was—" Saying all of this out loud felt so surreal, unnatural coming from my mouth. I felt like I was confessing all of my sins, which surely this was one. "One thing led to another... I took a test, and it came back positive." I spoke speedily, trying to get it over with. She placed her hand on top of my shaking ones, and gave me a strong look. Her fingers were cold and her hands were soft, it was a comforting contrast to my hot, clammy hands.