six

SESSIONTUE – 10/24

SESSION
TUE 10/24

RIGHT, SO WHERE ARE we? In the gym. Hitting balls over a net, all while trying not to mind Coach yelling at a bunch of Junior Varsity members. Like, really not mind. As if it wasn't awkward enough as the squeaking of the sneakers and the grunts of the players along with the occasional thuds of the ball hitting either the floor or skin.

"Archer!" Vincent yells from across the net. I turn my focus back to Vincent and position my body, legs, and hands into a receiving position as the volleyball flew over the net and towards my direction. 

I lift my two interlinked arms slightly upwards and bump the ball gently. I watch as the ball goes over the net. Vincent bends down to receive it until Gray jumps in and slams his wrist to the center of the ball, making it jerk upwards and stream past the Varsity members.

Vincent closes his eyes and turns to Gray with a straight face. "Do you have a death wish?" he demands.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly—"

"Coach is clearly not in the mood, so stop fucking around!" he snaps, irritation evident in his voice. Gray turns his toward where two freshmen were getting yelled at and frowns.

Vincent glares at Gray like he wants to drag him off somewhere and bury him. I shudder as I remember watching a crime documentary something related to that.

"What did those two even do?" he asks out loud. Vincent sighs and runs off toward the direction Gray threw the ball towards.

I try not to laugh. Gray wearing Vincent out is an everyday thing. Poor guy can't catch a break from him. It's hilarious because Gray is never bothered or simply doesn't give a shit.

Axle, one of our volleyball players comes up to us, a ball tucked under his arm. He sticks his tongue out and licks his lips as he stops in front of Gray.

"You didn't hear, did you?" he questions Gray. Gray waves his hand dismissively.

"Fuck off and just say what you're going to say."

Axle shrugs. "Those two didn't clean up yesterday nor the day before, so the whole volleyball equipment were all messed up this morning. And you know Coach Ryke, he's too old to yell. So he sends Junior Varsity members to be yelled at by Coach."

"It's not everyday you'll see Coach yelling at junior varsity kids," I mutter. "He must be really pissed."

"Yeah, no shit," Axle snorts. "You should've seen the closet. It was a whole fucking mess."