"I knew it! You missed me!" Madina cut her off before she could finish. She knew she could be annoying and relish on that when it comes to Mariam. The girl was too uptight.

Mariam shuffled around, cacophony of different kind filled her ears. "Shut the f- eff up, Madina! There are things I want you to take with you just in case if the moving team won't be careful with them."

Madina could not help the smile that tilted the edges of her lips. One might say she's pretty much just a means to Mariam's end but deep down, Madina loves that Mariam thinks about her when doing stuff like this. Which means they are friends. Something Mariam refused to admit for the longest time. Till date.

She adores Mariam more than anyone in the world and now her baby, Faheem.

"You just broke my heart. I don't know but I'll make time and come this week if my schedule will allow me, of course. And why not the jet?" Madina answered in her thin orotund voice.

"Alright, you do that. I don't want to use to jet. Faheem just said hello." Mariam added the last sentence in a low tone as though she doesn't want to wake him up.

Marriage and motherhood became Mariam, Madina thought wistfully. Her friend had always been a headstrong creature -the most arrogant, vicious and selfish person she's ever met- but now she seemed calmer and happier than she had ever seen her before. With a cool mind and dazzling genuine smile and maternal love.

She could only credit Abbas and his family for that, although how such a middle-class and egoistic and narcissistic man could accomplish such a change in Mariam was a mystery. One would have thought the pair would have killed each other within the first month of marriage.

But her friend loved him more than life itself. She made their marriage work even though Madina is still hellbent on making Abbas pay if he makes a slight mistake.

Mariam had to go through a lot to earn his trust and attention. He does not deserve her. A baby between them or not, he's doubted their baby and Madina is going to let that baby know about that when the time is right. In future.

Anything to make Abbas pay for what he's done! The pain her friend who's more like a sister had to go through just for his sorry dark ass.

"Aww, my munchkin. Smother him with so many kisses from his fairy godmother." Madina grinned, her mood lifted just at the thought of seeing Faheem soon.

He's got her wrapped around his finger like everyone else. And he is just six months old.

"Whatever." Mariam murmured in that her usual nonchalant way. She doesn't want to let her devil-may-care attitude vanish. "What are you doing?"

Madina let out a yawn and stretch her arms on the large Helix Midnight Luxe mattress veiled with carrot, tortilla and punch colored Egyptian cotton bedcover. She's made things easier for herself by changing it just last week. It's been a while since she's last slept in her own home.

Not hers. It was Mariam's favorite home which she gave to her few months ago. Madina adored the home.

"Just lying in bed like always. Though I am fully booked for the evening just in case you're asking." It was unnecessary but she had to fill in the gap for her friend.

Mariam hesitated from the other end and Madina instantly knew what she was thinking. Here goes nothing.

In a small voice, Mariam said. "Madina... you have enough wealth to not work another day again in your life. Why don't you forget about that life? I don't want you to end up like Farrah."

"I won't end up like Farrah." Came Madina's sharp and immediate reply, tone hefty with defensiveness.

Farrah was a well known prostitute in Abuja. She goes to different countries to sleep with disparate men for money. On her way back from Zurich, the plane she was in crashed and her body was not found. It had scared Madina shitless since she's acquainted with her.