"Can you tell me what happened?" A cop asked, questioning Xalla first.

I was shaken up, I couldn't believe that this happened, it truly came out of nowhere, and my mind was running in circles trying to comprehend it

"My best friend/ sister was promoted as a club manager by her brother, at this club we work at, I know her brother because we all grew up together. I hadn't seen him in a while, and neither had Venus." I said, starting to explain how this all went down.

"I hugged her brother, and he pulled me aside to talk about life really quick as he did with venus, and we went on celebrating Venus, because that's what the night was supposed to be, we all left around 11:30 pm. " I said, telling the cop the time we had left.

"It was silent the whole way home, he didn't say anything until we got to his and Koa's shared apartment. I had changed clothes, and got onto my Instagram just scrolling because I was bored, and then he walked in super calm and sat on the bed." I said, trying not to cry.

"He asked if I wanted to watch a movie, and I replied with a sure, we went into the living room, and he started to put on darknight. But before it could start he paused it and asked how I knew Venus' brother. I explained we all grew up together, and he said okay, then he asked why Vince-" I explained.

"who's Vince?" the cop asked glancing between me and Venus.

"My brother," Venus responded, she rubbed my back, and she and Koa cuddled me in between them, urging me to continue.

"He asked what he had pulled me aside for, and I explained we were catching up just for a little just as Vince had done with Venus. That's when he started to get a bit mad and asked for my phone. I gave it to him, and he started going through my text messages and found out that Vince and I used to talk, but it was literal months before Ernesto and I started the situationship we were in." I said, starting to feel the tears.

"He then lost it, and wouldn't let me explain, he punched me in the face, and I backed myself away, crying," I said, leaning into Koa and Venus for support, they rubbed my back and shoulder, and it became comforting.

"Where do you two fit in with all this?" the cop asked Venus.

"Koa, my boyfriend and I were interacting in a type of um- intercourse, in another room, when Ernesto yelled at Koa through the door telling me to get Xalla," I said, starting to clench and unclench my hand reliving the moment

" I put on clothes and koa, was shirtless, and we rushed out of the room to see Xalla bleeding on the floor, tears in her eyes. I was enraged, seeing that he did that to her. Koa got to Xalla first and carried her to his room, he sat her in there, made sure she was okay, and made sure I grabbed the bat out of his closet. He kissed Xalla on the forehead, in a brotherly way, then kissed me and went back outside." I said.

"He was yelling at Koa and then called my brother a fuck boy, and I told him not to call my brother out of his name. He called me a bitch and told me to shut my mouth and I told him to come say it to my face. Koa yelled at him telling him to not harm us, And Ernesto still ran to Koa's room and kicked down the door." I said, recalling the event.

"I told him not to come closer, and pushed Xalla behind me, trying to protect her, and I told him I would swing, he clearly wasn't in the listening mood, and came a bit too close, I smacked him with the bat, and he fell to the floor. He tried to get up and try to attack us again, and that's when Koa stepped in," I said, watching as the cop took down what I was saying still.

"Koa got on top of him and started punching him, and then I called 9-1-1 and that's when you guys came in and saw Koa beating him," I said, supplying the end piece to the puzzle.

"Thank you all for your statements, A paramedic will be over to check your hands, and ma'am did you want to press any charges.?" the cop asked Xalla.

"Yes, I'm charging him with Aggravated assault," she said, wiping her tears as she looked over to the cop car he was in.

"Alright, we are so sorry this happened to you, thank you for your time, the cop said, giving her a genuine look, before he walked away and got into the cop car, taking Ernesto away.

As promised, a paramedic came and wrapped Koa's hand.

"Thanks." koa said.

"No problem bro." the guy said before getting into the ambulance and driving away.

"Let's get you inside, it's been a long night," I said, hugging Xalla closer to me.

"Most definitely." She said with a sigh.

My sister is in pain, I don't like that.

As if she sensed what was going through my mind she stopped us from walking and pulled me close, and just cried.

I started Crying with her, and soon Koa joined the group hug and just let us cry.

Where was life going wrong?