CHAPTER 33 : Cookies!

Start from the beginning

He shook his head "Nope. Step by step, Mommy."

I nodded and he got down from the island and ran out of the kitchen. My eyes travelled to Aless, he was least interested in what we were doing instead it looked like his work is more important.

Weird workaholic creatures!

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Didn't know you were here to stare." He said out of nowhere, still working on his laptop.

My eyes widened, I turned back instantly fetching the ingredients I will be needing for the cookies. After a minute or two Ian came back with a small notebook and pen in his hand.

"Mommy, note it down and instruct me. I'll get them for you."

I wrote the ingredients in the notepad and instructed him, showing it to him.

"Walnuts." I said, showing him where the walnuts are.

He saluted "On duty, Mommy!"

He ran and got the walnuts that were in his reach and handed it to me.

"Chocolate chips."

Again he fetched the chocolate chips.

"I've got the salt and flour."

"What's left?"

"Butter, baking powder, water, eggs and.... Vanilla. You get the water, I'll get the rest."

"Nope, you get the water. I'll get the rest."

"But, you can't reach so high."

"Mommy, Ian is a genius. Leave it on me."

I rolled my eyes and focussed on getting water while my eyes followed him. He dragged a stool and opened the refrigerator, then he got up on it, fetching the butter and the eggs and bringing it to me.

Again he ran to get baking soda and vanilla.

He was unable to reach upto the vanilla, so he started jumping on the stool to reach the top. My eyes widened, he'll fall.

"Ian, don't jump on it. I'll get it."

"No. No. Stop, I can do it."

"You'll fall."

"I won't, Mommy."

Again he started jumping, I was about to run towards him because he was surely gonna fall. But before I could reach him, Aless went and stood behind him letting him try fetching the things but at the same time if he slips, Aless would have him.

And in the end, he did slip and was about to fall when Aless caught him in his arms.

"Done, trying?"

Ian giggled.

Aless raised him up so that he can easily reach out for the things. Ian fetched the baking soda and the vanilla, Aless carried him towards me. I took the things from Ian. He placed Ian back on the island.

"Come on Mommy! Let's begin." Ian said, rubbing his hands together, getting all excited.

I just shook my head, pouring some sugar and butter in a bowl. Aless was about to go back to his work, but Ian held his hand stopping him.

"I know you have work, but we will have fun if you join us. Please Dad!" Ian made puppy eyes requesting him.

My baby's puppy eyes are cutely dangerous, you can't say 'no' to him. I have been through this situation. His puppy eyes are as cute as mine.

I looked at Aless once.

He just nodded and stood beside me.

I continued beating the butter and the sugar, while Ian was focused on staring at how I was doing it.