You blinked, "I never thought anyone cared that much about me."

"People were losing their minds," Eren explained. "You really had me thinking you were going to die."

You looked at him, "I've defied death so many times I'm beginning to suspect God gifted me with some unspoken plot armor."

"Shut up," he laughed.

You let the sound of his laughter sink in, a melody for you to remember for eternity. It had only been two days, but you missed that sound so fucking much.

"For real though, if I die, I'll haunt you," you joked.

"Swear," he teased.

You held your pinkie up, watching as he did the same and linked your pinkies together.

"You are insane," he chuckled. "Like fucking crazy."

"How badly did you miss me?" you tilted your head knowingly.

"Like fucking crazy," he repeated with a smile.

You both grinned at each other, your fingers swiping away the residue of tears on your face. He leaned in again and you stopped him.

"I appreciate it but let me brush my teeth first," you had your hand on his mouth. "I've been passed out for two days. I feel nasty."

"That's okay, I don't care," he tried kissing you again to which you moved back. You hissed in pain and he froze, "Are you okay? I'm sorry-does it hurt?"

You winced, shifting in the bed as you looked down, seeing your arms and legs littered in bruises. Heavy breaths strung from you one after the other. Slowly, you dragged the hem of your gown up to where it hurt the most, the left side of your stomach.

There, a scar where you were impaled during the accident ran from your stomach, close to your hip. The scar had reopened, yet it wasn't as big as it was the first time. Either way, seeing all the progress of it healing go down the drain was as painful as the wound itself.

With tears in your eyes, horror and betrayal in your voice, you said, "He did this to me?"

"I'm so sorry," Eren whispered, his chest tightening and a straining touch to his voice.

"How could he do this to me?" you looked up at him.

"I should've been there-I shouldn't have left you on your own," Eren held your hand, pressing his forehead against it. "I'm such a fucking idiot. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry," he squeezed your hand, shaking his head against it and clamping his eyes shut. "I'm sorry-I'm sorry."

"Eren-stop-"

"I'm sorry-I'm sorry-I'm sorry," he continued, hiding his face still.

"Eren! That's enough!" you slid your hands along the sides of his face and tilted his head to face you. "I could never blame you for that. There was no way of preventing what happened. It was my own fault. I underestimated how fucking horrible my family is. It's not your fault."

"This wouldn't have happened if we weren't together," he countered in defeat. "Mason never would have come here if I just told Lara I'd stay away from you."

"She told you to stay away from me?" you raised a brow, a pond of realization rippling through you.

"She said she was warning me," he explained, his tone sounding doubtful.

"Zeke told us she's been in Mace's ear," your brows furrowed. Your fingers curled in the sheets, fisting them as your jaw clenched, "That dumb bitch set him on us. I'll fucking kill her."