To Be Yours

22 August 2022

It was nearly midnight when the man suddenly awakened from his deep sleep for no absolute reason. He stretched his body and yawned before he wiped his face with a cold wet towel he always put on his night stand, to freshen his body in the morning or when he's awake. As he looked at the clock on the wall, he could only shake his head.

"I thought I'd gone to sleep for five hours or so, but it turns out only two..." he sighed. His mind traveled somewhere else, realizing that it's only ten past half, and he knew that the woman next door wasn't asleep yet at this time. He knew how hardworking the woman was and after being absent from work for three days, it's impossible for the lady to not try to do her work.

"Fransesca.." he mumbled as he pulled the drawer on the nightstand to take his phone, but ended up with a small box instead. He turned his head for a clearer look before he flashed a smile on his face. Something that brightened up his night out of sudden. Something that started this feeling inside his heart. It raced.

He put it on top of his nightstand instead back into the drawer. Then, he finally took his phone and unlocked it with his face before he texted his lover next door. Right next door.

Meanwhile, the lady was just like he predicted. Sitting on the balcony while reviewing the journal she's currently reading from her iPad. It was a journal written by her colleague and he asked her help to review and proofread everything before he submitted his work. With the special pen, she highlighted some parts and wrote down her notes on the PDF file.

It's not work, but she's willing to do it voluntarily nevertheless. She's super focused with the journal until her phone vibrates as it receives a notification from the lover next door. Right next door. Their balcony and room were side by side, but somehow the man loved to text her instead. Perhaps, to keep it a secret so Christine wouldn't know what they're talking about.

Texts were being exchanged by the couple before she smiled while reading his replies. He wanted her to visit him in his room so she decided to do so. Some night kisses would perhaps stop her from working or reading the journal and finally send her to rest.

To get a good night sleep she had always wanted to have for the past years.

She locked her iPad screen and walked back into her room. Fransesca put down her iPad back on the table and closed the balcony door before she walked herself out from her bedroom, knocked on the door next to her room, and entered it soon after. With or without the knock, she knew that he'll always welcome her inside.

"I knew it! I've told you to stop working but you didn't listen to me." Clayton said as he let the woman sit on the bed, next to him. "Guilty." she answered as she kissed the man on the cheek, before she moved herself to the middle of the bed, right next to Clayton. Fransesca straightened her legs under the blanket and let Clayton cuddle her, causing them both to giggle and laugh at each other's acts.

"Hahaha.. Iove!"

"I'm going to drag you into my room starting from today so you're going to sleep before midnight, sweetheart."

"I promise—"

He shook his head and pinched her nose. "No, I don't believe your promises again. You've broken two of your promises. One, to stop working so hard. Two, to sleep before midnight." he quickly cut her off from her sentence, leaving it hanging and unfinished. Fransesca hid under the blanket as she knew she's no power to debate the man back.

Clayton tickled the woman inside and outside the blanket, causing the woman to wiggle under the blanket, trying to avoid him. The ticklish sensation was something she could never be able to handle, as she's super sensitive over the slightest touch on her skin.