His World, His Life

4 June 2022

He might be seen as a psychopath eyeing his new prey, but he did it because he missed them. He did it because Clayton missed the two that filled the gap in his heart. He missed the two angels who look pretty much like a twin to each other and gave him the warmth he always wanted to feel.

Fransesca and Christine.

The two beautiful angels he stalked from afar. He knew that if Fransesca knew that now he knew the fact that Christine was his daughter, then it would be harder for him to be able to meet them both. Fransesca herself never met him since his re-arrival in Singapore, he only met Christine in an unexpected way, thus he had no reason to come up in front of her out of nowhere.

He followed them from Christine's school; which was also Vincent, his nephew's school. They were seen happily spending their quality time together and he knew, he knew that the bond between the two was so close that it was inseparable. Christine only have Fransesca and vice versa, so they always stay together no matter.

Just like a private detective in a movie, the man followed their car slowly and carefully, not wanting to get caught by them who could be suspicious towards a random car following them from behind. Thankfully, none noticed and he could park his car as well at the same supermarket they went to. Grocery shopping became their next-to-do from the lst.

Then, they decided to have a short break at a cafe next to the supermarket, in which Clayton became very careful not to get noticed by either of them or else; a disaster. While he spent his time looking and enjoying his beautiful view of two angels laughing and joking around, his mind couldn't stop thinking on the whys.

Why would she keep Christine in secret? Why would she never call him for taking his responsibility? Why would she try to avoid him that much after those years? Why would she choose to suffer and be kicked out from her family just to raise that daughter when she knew that he could afford her a better life? Even if Christine turns out to be someone else's daughter, he'll still accept her wholeheartedly.

There were so many whys that he wanted to know the answer yet he couldn't, until the right time came for him. Sooner or later, it will come eventually. All that he needs right now is patience and nothing else.

"You look exactly like your mother and I'll never be bored from that fact, Christine." he mumbled as he sipped on his coffee while adoring the two from the outdoor seat with his sunglasses and hat to cover his face. A black mask too, as well. As if he's an idol who's trying to stay out from attracting attention from people around.

He won't lie, that the fact Fransesca hid Christine away from him hurts him the most. He never thought that Fransesca would be that cruel. For him, that's the cruelest thing she ever did. That's the most painful thing that he did to him. For he never asked her for more in the past but her love. Her love; one and only.

Clayton shed his tears and smiled when he saw how Fransesca beautifully smiled at Christine, who dropped her spoon accidentally to the floor.

"I love your works, God. I love how you beautifully created those two angels for me. Even seeing them from this far makes me happy and I couldn't thank you enough for that." he thanked the Lord. "Help me to find my way, so I could be with them and complete their emptiness inside those hearts. They are my world. My life. They are my everything."

to be continued.