The Angel That Fly Away

20 July 2022

As soon as they arrived at the hospital from the amusement park, they could see Tolentino crying in front of the emergency room. That's when Clayton immediately knew that Melissa was no longer there. His wife, who's also his best friend, was no longer breathing and he fell to the ground, kneeling as he lost one of his precious ones.

Fransesca who realized the situation next, expressed her condolence to Tolentino who's currently mourning, though he's ready. More than ready with this. As if going to the amusement park was Melissa's last wish; to reunite Fransesca and Clayton.

Christine then cried her heart out. She hugged her mother, where Fransesca could only try to do her best in order to keep the two well. Christine and Clayton, to be exact. Yes, she's also mourning over Melissa's death but she has the responsibility to keep the two okay, at least for now.

"I'm going to take care of some of the documents as well as things. I'll be back soon." Tolentino said as she walked away from them when a nurse came to him and asked for his sign. Fransesca nodded her head and let him do what he needed to do.

She hugged Christine tight and calmed her down before she took some steps towards Clayton, who's crying as he knelt on the ground. Fransesca hugged the man tight and gently patted him on his back as he cried there. As he cried inside her hug. The hug that kept him safe and warm. The hug that successfully calmed him down out of the sudden.

"I lost her..."

"She'll be happy up there, Clay."

"What can I do for her...?"

"You did your best. So did Tolentino."

Those whispers and cries that they exchanged became a conversation between them. Christine then joined and cried inside Fransesca's heart. At this kind of moment, Fransesca couldn't help but to set aside her feelings for the sake of everyone around her.

Melissa was a nice person. She knew it deep inside her heart, that Melissa wanted only the best and nothing else. Her heart was pure and sincere, that's why she even let and even begged her to reunite with Clayton, her lover in the past and now, though in secret.

As if death introduced her to something new, then perhaps the skill of knowing someone's feelings and heart became her specialty. She even took care of Christine as if she's her own daughter or sister, something that she never thought Melissa would do.

'Thank you, Melissa. I'll try to do what you ask, though I'm not sure if I could at this point,' Fransesca closed her eyes and sighed. Somehow, something still stuck in her heart. Something about the things she talked with Melissa in the past.

Something she's grateful of the angel that flew away too soon, and will never be forgotten.

to be continued.