Chapter: 30- At my grave

"EVERY NIGHT, THAT MEMORY HAUNTED ME..."

"AND I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE..."

————
'So I stealed that contract...'

'...With her.'

DEVIL's Lullaby: Chapter-30
At My Grave
———

The curtains let the morning light pass as the room lit up in a yellow hue. Winter was setting in and the days were getting shorter, it was seven in the morning when Frost woke up, to find Yoshida soundly sleeping beside her. He had one arm under her head and the other embracing her waist. Her mind wandered as she stared at his eyelashes, glowing golden under the morning sun. The little dust particles danced in the air like morning stars. She stared at him with agape lips and wonderstruck eyes.

Her fingers lightly made their way to his eyelashes, tracing them with candid skin. 

'Maybe I should just resign... 
make a world in my mind...
Maybe it's fantasy
Maybe it's just a dream
 But in here I can see.... it's all real...'

A small smile crept up her lips as Yoshida slept peacefully. He wasn't wearing his smile but his candid face looked so vibrant and kind. She sat up and looked outside, towards the curtains. 'I hope Yoshida didn't let Makima listen to any of that...' She covered her face in embarrassment, recalling how loud she was. "Good morning~" Yoshida spoke from behind as she shot her head behind, towards him. 

"Good morning..." She said, in a low voice. She didn't want Yoshida to see that she was slightly shy. But the way she saw him, did end up making her shy. He was shirtless, oh so very shirtless. His muscles were so toned and perfect. Smooth skin that shined golden under the streak of yellow sunlight that stepped inside through the window. She kept her cool, with a straight face she looked upwards, to the roof. 

"Why are you shirtless?" She spoke, she didn't want to look at his chest. But she wanted to. But she didn't want Yoshida to feel awkward.

"Oh... I was a little hot at night, so I took off the shirt." He said.

"I see." She averted her entire face this time. "Why are you looking at the fan on the roof?" 

"...it's an interesting color..."

Yoshida sat there dumbfounded for a moment, but then proceeded to hug her, embracing her into his broad shoulders and smooth skin. Her face rested against his chest as he squeezed her into his warmth, making her feel his firm muscles and soft skin. He was both tough and soft at the same time, it was feeling she'd always wanted to remember.