Prologue

"Kachan! Stop! Leave him alone!" ... That was the day that 6 year old Izuku Midoriya learned about the unfairness of the world. That day he learned that "not all men were created equal". That day that he lost faith in humanity lost his best friend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now a third year at Aldera middle school Izuku slowly walked to school with a feeling of dread. He drags his feet behind him tiredly. Monday's were always the worst because Bakugo always "needed to blow off some steam" due to not being able to throughout the weekend. He rolled his eyes at the memory. He remembered having to explain to his mom Bakugo's reasoning and her not believing his words.

Once Izuku made it to school he quickly sat at his desk. He brushed off the spider lilies from his seat, he also got to work erasing all the words scribbled on to his desk. It had become routine at this point. Every morning started with destroying beautiful spider lilies and erasing things that ranged from "Quirkless freak" to suicidal phrases from his desk. After Bakugo had told him to kill himself everyone else had decided to join in on the fun. These writings and drawings were so many that he went through at least 3 big erasers a year, probably more. Not soon after Izuku had finally got everything off his desk that Bakugo came barging in. Everyday it was the same thing.

Right behind Bakugo came in his lackeys. Walking in laughing and poking fun at their classmates. Bakugo walked over to his desk and got out his homework. He may be an absolute jerk and asshole but there was no arguing that he was smart, he was one of the top students with Izuku not far behind him. He was the perfect student actually, always turned in his work on time, paid attention in class and had the perfect quirk. Teachers treated him like he was some kind of god, ever since Bakugo got his quirk. Izuku would be on the same level as him probably even above him if it weren't for the fact that he was quirkless.

Teachers always turned a blind eye when it came to the perfect hero hopeful beating down on the weak, useless, quirkless kid. Izuku ignored the class chatter that began to quiet down once the teacher began to do attendance. "Midoriya" Izuku put his hand in the air to let him know was present. After a couple more names were listed off, his teacher continued and began to teach the class. "Alright do these problems yourselves and I'll call on people to give me the answers."

Izuku began to copy down the problems on his paper. Having an eidetic memory really came handy when it came down to these types of things. Within seconds he had written down the answers to the problems. He finished early and watched Bakugo struggle a bit with answering a couple of the math questions. When they were younger they had actually gotten along, sorta, Izuku would help Bakugo with his homework. Was it kindergarten homework? Yes it was, but Izuku still helped the boy learn what a circle was.

"Alright Midoriya, what is the answer to three?" Izuku looked down at his paper to double check what problem he was talking about, "x equals three-hundred and two". Everyone in the class looked at Izuku with a confused look and looked down at their own papers.

Even Bakugo did a double take. "The nerd's wrong! Hah!" Bakugo examined. Their teacher furrowed his eyebrows, he looked at his answer key and nodded. "Actually Midoriya, you are correct." He said hesitantly. "Could you please talk us through your steps?" Izuku nodded and began explaining.

His teacher slowly did as Izuku said in front of the class and the answer was x = three-hundred and two. "Alright class make sure you copy this down, turn in your paper into the blue tray once you're done, class dismissed" Izuku got up, avoiding the couple feet that shot out to trip him over, and placed his paper in the tray.

He made his way down to his next class, that's how his day went most days, Izuku avoided Bakugou and the rest of his last classmates through any means possible throughout the school and hoped that he would come out of it with minimal injuries.

His last class was ethics class, his least favorite. It was to easy hence it being extremely annoying to be in. Izuku looked at the clock, all he needed was this class to end and he would be free to get out and do as he pleased. The final bell rang and Izuku shot out of his seat like a bullet and out the door. He heard the loud grumbles and footsteps that were associated with Bakugo as he raced out the gates of Aldera middle school.

He made a sharp turn to the park and waited until he saw Bakugo walk past, very obviously fuming. He was definitely going to regret that later but that was for future Izuku to worry about. He sighed and left to go to the hideout that he and Bakugo would go to all the time when they were younger.

He pulled out his computer and connected to the online chess website that he had come to adore. Izuku didn't consider himself a master but he was pretty good. Recently he had connected with a very amazing opponent, his username was "Rat_God".

He had chuckled at the username when he first saw it. He has only won against the stranger on a couple of occasions, yet his opponent was still very challenging and interesting to play with.

Rat_God: Good evening, Bunny, are you up to a quick game of chess?

Imperial_Bunny: Sure!

And that's how Izuku spent the rest of his day. By the time they had ended their 'quick' game of chess when mosquitos had begun to nip at Izuku.

Rat_God: Amazing tactics Bunny! Same time tomorrow?

Imperial_Bunny: Thank you! But don't sell yourself short God your strategies are wonderful! And yes, the same time tomorrow :)

Rat_God: Thank you Bunny, talk to you tomorrow! :)

Izuku quickly shoved his computer into his backpack and ran home. His mom was probably not home anyways but better be safe than get his ass beat for not being home before she got home.

He walked into the rundown apartment and surveyed the area. Lousy bottles scattered the dirty floor yet his mother wasn't around, he should probably get some rest because tomorrow isn't going to be a very pleasing day.

I'll try to post as much as I can. This will also be on Ao3. Triggers or uncomfortable topics will be mentioned before chapters start. Feedback is appreciated! :)

(Updated)
I never actually noticed how short this is :')